When will we see more 3’s than S’s?

Dangermouse

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know there’s an inflection point coming when it will be more common to see Model 3’s than Model S’s. I average seeing around one or two S’s a day here on the east coast, up from “holy cow, a Tesla!” from just a couple years ago.

I’m thinking it’ll be sometime around the end of this year in my area. Considering I saw my first 3 just last weekend, that’s a pretty fast saturation...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know there’s an inflection point coming when it will be more common to see Model 3’s than Model S’s. I average seeing around one or two S’s a day here on the east coast, up from “holy cow, a Tesla!” from just a couple years ago.

I’m thinking it’ll be sometime around the end of this year in my area. Considering I saw my first 3 just last weekend, that’s a pretty fast saturation...
Still haven’t see a 3 on the road in Florida besides mine and I probably see anywhere from 10-20 S/X a day.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
About 200,000 Teslas on the road now, 2018 should close to double that. So 2019? One analyst says 3Mil teslas on road by 2024. My hope is its odd when you don't see one.

McHoffa

EV.network
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apart from the fact I don’t ever recall this 4Q projection (the original 5k/week was only by YE17...)...

don’t look back... only look forward!! :cool:
well ORIGINALLY they said 100k-200k produced in 2017, then it was 1500 in September ramping up to a rate of 5000 per week in December, and then it was "thousands per week" in December and 5000 per week by the end of March, and then it was 2500 per week by the end of March and 5000 per week by the end of June, and then it was 2000-2500 per week by the end of March and 5000 per week by the end of June.

I'll believe 5000 per week when I see it :D

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Putting on my optimistic hat, I predict we will see even #s of 3s vs. other Teslas by end of Q3 for my little nook of the bay area. For 2 morning commutes in a row last week I saw 3 Model 3s and I usually see about 15 S and X on that commute. (I might count now and then…) So 10-20% right now after only 6k deliveries? Another 6-7 months and 60k deliveries should do it.