When do we receive the title for a fully-paid vehicle?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had the car for 3 weeks. It is not financed. Where does the title come from and when should I expect to get it?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine was mailed to me several weeks later.

...but I don't think I was supposed to get it yet, because I financed the purchase. I don't have a title for my Hyundai yet, and the bit of documentation I read on PennDOT's website made it seem like the lending company gets the title until it's paid off. But these are the first two vehicles I've ever financed, so I'm not certain of this.

judomc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine was mailed to me several weeks later.

...but I don't think I was supposed to get it yet, because I financed the purchase. I don't have a title for my Hyundai yet, and the bit of documentation I read on PennDOT's website made it seem like the lending company gets the title until it's paid off. But these are the first two vehicles I've ever financed, so I'm not certain of this.
This may not be just a State thing. My wife's car was financed and the lender held the title until it was paid off. My last car was financed through a different lender and I had the title with the lien listed in my possession a few weeks after purchase.

Since it wasn't financed it's probably just a time issue, follow up with Tesla.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in NY and received mine in the mail 2 months post delivery.

Dale Gardner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm just over one month of ownership and currently awaiting the title. Hopefully I will receive it soon, otherwise Tesla will need to give me a new temp plate, because I have 2 more weeks left on it before expiration. :)

Eigenv1

Country
Country
I've had the car for 3 weeks. It is not financed. Where does the title come from and when should I expect to get it?
I had my car home delivered 9/30. No news from Tesla about registration materials and I got antsy after three weeks, so I emailed my delivery advisor. Never heard back, so 5 days short of the 30 days grace period I called Tesla. Tesla was very nice and FedEx overnighted me the title, bill of sale and state registration form. With those and a checkbook in hand, I had plates the next day.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my Title exactly 4 weeks after delivery of the car here in California. It also got a new Bra. All is good,