Resolved Wheel alignment bolt?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Victor4u

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I am in same situation, I bought winter wheels and tires from costco and wheels aren’t cavity backed. Costco wouldn’t take these bolts out asking me to take them out from somewhere before then can install the wheels. I am not sure what will be the implication of taking them out ? Any potential excuse for Tesla to void the warranty...anyone here ever asked Tesla about taking these bolts out?

Victor4u

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The wheels, tires, and TPS are due Friday, Nov 8. In an abundance of caution, some 5 mm spacers arrived:

• 2.620" - 66.55 mm
  • 0.905" - 22.99 mm
  • 0.910" - 23.11 mm

• 0.200 - 5.08 mm
  • 0.100 - 2.54 mm (estimated due to micrometer head size)
Bob Wilson
Do you have nonperformance or performance? Did spacers work for you, Can you please post the link for spacers.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have nonperformance or performance? Did spacers work for you, Can you please post the link for spacers.
I found them on eBay. However, there is a ridge on the bolt that would need to be ground down ... if used. The actual bolt height measure 0.231" (5.7 mm) so it would need to be ground to 0.197" (5.0 mm.) I would recommend looking for 6 mm spacers.

Bob Wilson

chinna Na

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was wondering if that caliper holding bolt removal changes rotor balance on the hub? I am not sure because it is closer to center of wheel, but still it might change balance somewhat however tiny it may be.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was wondering if that caliper holding bolt removal changes rotor balance on the hub? I am not sure because it is closer to center of wheel, but still it might change balance somewhat however tiny it may be.
Not enough to matter.

NYR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know the depth of the rotor bolt head? I just got my new wheels and was surprised to see they have some decent cavities in the back, looks like I have 3/4 of an inch, but need to know how long that bolt head is before I know I have to remove them without mounting the wheel to check.

Anyone know the size of the bolt?