Model 3
I found this also

Reactions: Long Ranger

nonStopSwagger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I fell asleep good thing though because I got the update about 45 min ago still not app update for me on android.
Android app is up on apk mirror. I installed it, safety score works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-132804.png
    Screenshot_20210925-132804.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: michigantesla

nonStopSwagger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
why arent you at 100? what was considered a hard brake?
I was coming up on a stoplight that just turned yellow. My options were speed up way above the limit and beat the light, or stop. I assumed (incorrectly) that part of the score was for exceeding the speed limit, so I didn't want to chance that. Hit the brakes.

After the drive I saw that speeding is not a factor in the driving score. Next time, I'll just gun it

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm 2 days, 2 trips, and 83 miles into developing my safety score. Coincidentally, during this period, I will be making a +/-40 mile trip every day to attend to my Father's medical needs, so comparing behavior/results day-to-day should be fairly interesting.

Day 1: 41 miles resulting in an overall score of 97. Dinged for aggressive turning and hard braking.

Day 2: 42 miles resulting in a daily score of 100. Overall score of 99. Interestingly, I was dinged for following too close(a car to my left moved into my lane with no signal and I couldn't slow quickly enough for fear of a hard braking ding), but this ding did not reduce my 100 daily score.

After 2 days, I've learned the following: Don't trust AP to improve your score(I know AP dings don't count, but imperfect disengagement of AP does).
Accelerate VERY slowly, Decelerate VERY slowly, Roll through turns VERY slowly. In general, if you feel any G forces at all, you will be dinged.
Don't stop for stop signs or lights unless you have to. Any full stop risks an excessive braking ding unless you do it very gradually over a long distance.
Try to never be within 10 car lengths of anyone else because you can never be sure what they might do to cause a ding.

Thus far, I feel like my "safety score driving" is about 15% less safe than my normal driving because it rewards me for running stop signs and lights, rolling slowly through turns and intersections, and vastly increases my chances of causing a road rage situation. I also find it interesting that, in order to qualify for FSD Beta, I have to drive MUCH more safely than FSD Beta does.

slacker775

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ve driven as I normally do - though only a bit over 40 miles so far - and I’m still at 100. I have a longer drive coming up later today so we’ll see if there are any issues from that. I’m definitely not letting my teenager drive though. Don’t need those dings!

mrau

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
A score of 88 is not bad. Tesla says "Most drivers will have a Safety Score of 80 or above."

Reactions: DocScott

mrau

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wonder if we can add a poll to this. Maybe have a few categories like 90-100, 80-89, 70-79, 60-69 and below 60. Folks could update their score every few days.

Reactions: FRC

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
A score of 88 is not bad. Tesla says "Most drivers will have a Safety Score of 80 or above."
Not so sure about that. If you read that statement to mean that 80 will represent an average score(as I do), is 88, or 10% better than average, good enough? I don't think we have enough information to know. What % will be allowed FSD Beta? I haven't seen any indication of that. yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: mrau

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And my biggest penalty was for unsafe following. Honestly it was not my fault. I was coming up to a stoplight I had already got the warning that it was stopping, I was about the fourth car back from the red light when it turned green. I tapped the gas pedal to signify proceed. The car assumed I wanted to ram into the car in front of me. It had not seen the greenlight yet. Either way I got the flashing yellow car in front of me warning. I was in auto pilot the whole time. I don’t think there is much of an appeals process.
I was also wondering if I get points deducted for my bad singing. I just hope this doesn’t go on my permanent record. I wonder what the minimum miles you need to drive in a week is? I might be best to rent a car, and then drive down a straight road on the seventh day. it used to be easy to spend $10,000.

Reliev

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not so sure about that. If you read that statement to mean that 80 will represent an average score(as I do), is 88, or 10% better than average, good enough? I don't think we have enough information to know. What % will be allowed FSD Beta? I haven't seen any indication of that. yet.
well, we still have no idea if this is a cya thing or what the cut-off is or the selection, if they went from 100 first then someone else I can see a lot of people upset. I wish we got some communication maybe on that safety site they can say how they are picking us?

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And my biggest penalty was for unsafe following.
Actually, most of your penalty was for hard braking. Unsafe following hardly has any impact on your score. There’s a simulator in the app that lets you see the score for hypothetical numbers. FCW is the one thing that can really kill your score, and hard braking seems to be the one with the next biggest potential hit.

vinnie97

Country
Country
I guess they haven't released the latest app update for my version of Android, as I see nothing about a safety score.

Yanquetino

I had to chuckle when I saw my first "safety score" from yesterday. It gave me a red 46.1% for "unsafe following." Evidently the scoring factors can't tell when one is in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam on the freeway, inching along at 2 mph on Autopilot, for nearly an hour, because of a horrible wreck more than 2 miles up ahead. :grimacing:

2021-09-25 Safety Score.PNG

• Agree
Reactions: JeffC and Klaus-rf

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm guessing that scoring feature only works if you have FSD?

Probably for the best. Orlando is pretty bad, and I have to make some kind of emergency maneuver at least once per day.