What's the sticker in the lower right corner of the windshield?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
I noticed that many, but not all, Model 3s got a credit card-sized sticker with a red header (with the Tesla logo) and footer in the lower right corner of the wind shield. It does not appear to follow any specific pattern, e.g. only Tesla employees, as far as I know.

Anyone have a close-up of it or an explanation for what it is?

m3lrsticker-png.6704

Mel Herbert and Ben Sullins had on their car on delivery.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed that many, but not all, Model 3s got a credit card-sized sticker with a red header (with the Tesla logo) and footer in the lower right corner of the wind shield. It does not appear to follow any specific pattern, e.g. only Tesla employees, as far as I know.

Anyone have a close-up of it or an explanation for what it is?

View attachment 6704

Mel Herbert and Ben Sullins had on their car on delivery.
I’m 99.9% sure that’s a temporary registration in California.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m 99.9% sure that’s a temporary registration in California.
yup, every new car I've ever gotten had that piece of paper there. I assume you're allowed to take it off after you get your license plate?

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yup, every new car I've ever gotten had that piece of paper there. I assume you're allowed to take it off after you get your license plate?
I’m not sure. In Florida the temporary is a paper license plate that you replace with the permanent. Like this...

e7c9a287-766f-4420-adc5-2c2d7d53470e-jpeg.6977
5905212b-6832-4f1e-943a-1098e68d4157-jpeg.6978

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, you rip it off once you get your plates. I'd actually prefer the paper license plate method. Less sticky crap to peel off. And on Model 3, anything on the windscreen really stands out.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems to strange to me. Dealers generally plate cars here when they complete your registration/sale. If you order a vanity plate then you just turn in what you've got for a refund when it shows.

the prisoners here in California are in charge of making these plates. they have a lot of time on their hands and taking their sweet time. that's why we get these temp stickers. looks much better than that paper plate imo.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In Missouri, there will be a sticker showing you paid the state's "Special Fuel" tax.

I'm actually fine with it, as otherwise, I wouldn't help pay to maintain the roads.

"And where we're going... we WILL need roads!"

DWhatley

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In Missouri, there will be a sticker showing you paid the state's "Special Fuel" tax.
Out of curiosity how much "special fuel tax" do you pay annually for your M3 in Missouri? This year mine GA) is expected to be $218. I have been told it was higher but I believe the person telling me was including other fees that brings the total over $300. I'm not sure if mine was paid at closing or not as the break out of the fees was not clear. I'll find out when I get my EV tag or they send me a bill before sending the initial tag.

roarkrd

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Out of curiosity how much "special fuel tax" do you pay annually for your M3 in Missouri? This year mine GA) is expected to be $218. I have been told it was higher but I believe the person telling me was including other fees that brings the total over $300. I'm not sure if mine was paid at closing or not as the break out of the fees was not clear. I'll find out when I get my EV tag or they send me a bill before sending the initial tag.
In Missouri we pay a flat rate of $75 (plus a $3.50 processing fee) for battery electric vehicles. It’s due each January, but if you get a new car in the middle of the year, they’ll pro-rate it. It’s also non-transferable between cars, but can be transferred with the car to a new owner.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
$75

Here's the details and the fee breakdown:

https://dor.mo.gov/motorv/decals.php

SlikRick

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like a Tesla supplied document actually. The header of the plastic has T E S L A in bold red letters at the top.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It should have been paid at closing. I don’t mind the concept but moving from a 5 liter V8 to an electric car has more than doubled the road taxes I pay. I calculated my total gas taxes last year at $98.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Gas tax in California is about $0.74/gallon ($0.20/liter). For someone driving a 28 mpg car and traveling 15,000 miles (24000 km) a year, that's annual taxes of $396.
And I already have about 15,000 miles on my Model 3 in just over 7 months.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like a Tesla supplied document actually. The header of the plastic has T E S L A in bold red letters at the top.
Yes, Tesla supplied the sticker and the DMV paperwork under the sticker as they sold the car. It'd be a Honda sticker if sold by a Honda dealership. This does not counter the fact that it's the temporary registration for the state of California.