What ONE THING do you LIKE LEAST?

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my P3 for 4 weeks and love it all around - but why a 3-spoke wheel?
Give me a 2- (or horizontal 4-) spoke steering wheel every time.
I guess they stuck the airbag into that obtrusive 3rd spoke?
Btw - they had the right idea at the launch event (see photo), even though it's not beautiful.
steering-wheel-tesla-model-3_grande.jpeg

Last edited:

Doboy45

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can’t stand the windshield wiper controls. It’s been raining nonstop in Austin and i am constantly having to regulate the speed of the wipers on the touchscreen. When i use Auto function it is not sensitive enough so i am constantly hitting the button on the steering wheel. It’s actually a safety issue.

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nah, the pain is past. That happened upon payment - or maybe during earning the money in the first place. These are just improvement suggestions...

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's hard to really complain, but I would say road noise. Shouldn't be a big thing, but I'm letting it bother me. The car is way too loud just rolling down the road. The ride is incredible, love most everything else about it, but there is too much road noise. My pickup is in the shop for a couple of warranty items, they gave me a new Fusion Hybrid. Seriously for a $28K car I forgot how quiet a car can be.

Not sure what the 3 is missing, but hope it is something they can address on future models. Along with a heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The car is way too loud just rolling down the road.
a big part is the pavement surface. there was a lot of repaving projects around here this summer (after horrible snow damage 2 years ago and ignoring it for over a year), and the sections with smooth asphalt are totally silent, the sections with old asphalt rumble. (on 19" wheel/tire).

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I least like that mine isn’t an AWD or P version!! Shhh...don’t tell HEAV3N! ;)

Hard to think of something...I guess I’d like to see the emergency release for the front doors in a different spot not so easily found and pulled by confused passengers. Have them in the rear doors as well.

Oh, and the back windows not rolling down all the way.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After dark,
I open passenger front door, let my wife in, headlights are on.

I close the door, headlights go off instantly.
Prefer they stay on for perhaps 10-15 secs while I walk around the car to get in.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After dark,

Prefer they stay on for perhaps 10-15 secs while I walk around the car to get in.
There is a setting for "Headlights on after exit". - I don't know its behavior in this setting since you haven't driven and you didn't get out of the drivers side, but you might turn in on and see how it behaves in your situation. It may only keep the headlights on after driving and not in this situation, but worth a try.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After dark,

When your wife gets in, have her tap the screen and the car will stay on. They sure do make it tough for us to be gentlemen ;)

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Look at the size of the window and the door size. The presence of the rear wheel area makes it impossible for the rear window to go all the way down.
That may be true, no arguments here. But this is just a “things you don’t like” thread, and I don’t like that.

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing...

No grab handles, but seriously I just love my car.

PS to the OP, I’m so happy they went with a 3 spoke wheel and really dislike 4 spoke wheels ;)
The missing grab handles would have been my "thing #2" - but only one is allowed so ignore...
No car can please everyone in every way - but this car gets REALLY close!

Ole1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
narrow tires on 18" rims .... it is super easy to rash rims that stick out past tires ..... as soon as i can use up the stockers, i will swap them for 255s - which will hopeefully provide a little protection for the rims frm rashing ....
and for my wife, it is probably the lack of grab handles ....