What M3 version should I go for?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Air

Country
Country
Hello everyone, I’m a long time M3OC follower and first time post here.
My M3 reserved on Apr 2 2016 and received configuration email on Mar 22 2018. But I still cannot decide which M3 version I should pull the trigger for almost 2 months. :) I need you guys help!
I’m a short daily commute driver (30km-70km) and 95% is city driving. I’m living in Vancouver BC with 2 months snow season
Should I go for first production (LR+PUP) and 99% can receive BC $5000 incentive or go for SR+PUP+AWD and most likely loss $5000 incentive?
Really appreciate your help! Thanks

Nilroc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Does regenerative braking cause the car to slide on a snowy and icy street if you take your foot off the accelerator going downhill?
Does traction control keep everything in check. I know if you brake in an ice car on a snowy or icy street you will slide.

goto10

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla recommends using the lower regen setting on icy roads. Traction control keeps things from spinning while you are accelerating but I doubt it helps during regen. ABS will kick in if you slide while braking but that'll be the same for AWD and FWD. AWD will give you more traction when accelerating and more usable regen on slick roads.

Having driven RWD and AWD performance cars in the snow, I'd say that AWD is more fun for snow driving but driving conservatively (as one should do) they both handle just fine. You should get good snow tires for either. I'm not expecting any issues with my RWD during Utah winters.

Air

Country
Country
Tesla recommends using the lower regen setting on icy roads. Traction control keeps things from spinning while you are accelerating but I doubt it helps during regen. ABS will kick in if you slide while braking but that'll be the same for AWD and FWD. AWD will give you more traction when accelerating and more usable regen on slick roads.

Having driven RWD and AWD performance cars in the snow, I'd say that AWD is more fun for snow driving but driving conservatively (as one should do) they both handle just fine. You should get good snow tires for either. I'm not expecting any issues with my RWD during Utah winters.
I definitely will put snow tires on RWD if I decide to go for it.