Just playing devil's advocate here. Suppose we're at the end of 2018, the ramp up remains stagnant, the bonds don't recover and the debtors are calling. Tesla is out of money. What is the likely scenario?
- Bankruptcy protection, but keeps making cars?
- Bankrupt, boarded up and assets sold off?
- Another Silicon valley company buys them?
- Another Automaker buys them?
- Elon open sources all the code and posts it online?
- The cars keep running but 3rd parties start making replacement parts?
- Without specialized Tesla service tools & software does any software problem that prevents the car from driving result in the car being scrapped on the spot?
- LTE modems are disconnected by the wireless carrier since no one is paying the bill, no more remote management of the car, traffic/maps, streaming audio.