What happens if Model 3 Mid Range is not delivered by Dec 31?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hello,

Day 1 online reservation holder. Placed an order for Model 3 MR Red & White interior by Nov 30 which is what Tesla was guaranteeing End of year delivery to qualify for the $7,500 credit. But since I haven't got a VIN assigned yet, I am kind of skeptical if I will get my car delivered by Dec 31. So what does Tesla do in this case? Will they reduce the selling price by $3750? (I know I qualify for full $7500 tax credit). Or will they still ask for the full price of the car?

Anybody have any insights into this issue?

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they're doing their best to meet that production schedule, but I highly doubt they're going to give you $3750 if they go into January. As an example, there are other people who have gone before you with various issues and they did not get that much money to help take care of issues. It's just part of the end of year rush; Tesla is giving it their best effort. If they miss your date, it won't be for lack of trying....Best of luck to you...

Lisaellis

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
If the car is not delivered by 31 December, then ask the reason to the company for the late delivery, there may be some issues. But you can get the concession for the late delivery if the car is delivered after the due date. Once my uncle referred Connecticut Auto Transporter for his car delivery and was very happy form their services and the car was delivered on time with full safety. Hope you get your car delivered by the due date.

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can get a refund or take delivery after 12/31 and get half the credit. They are saying it is possible, and if something goes wrong they are giving you a chance to get out of the purchase.