What does it take to get a response from Tesla Store?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So, I've ordered winter tires/wheels from the online store. It's been two months, I have an acknowledgement, I've sent a couple of emails to onlineorders@tesla.com, couldn't get a response on chat... you get the picture.

Any suggestions on how to break through the "radio silence?"

Winter was coming, winter is here, winter will be over before you know it;-)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Good question, Tesla is notoriously bad at communications, have you tried calling them to see if they can escalate?
877-798-3752

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Good question, Tesla is notoriously bad at communications, have you tried calling them to see if they can escalate?
877-798-3752
Hah! I tried that. That number is really only good for 24 hour emergency assistance, solar, etc. I didn't try to bludgeon my way in via emergency assistance but may do that.

On a somewhat positive note, I need to get a summer tire replaced due to a pothole causing a tire bubble. In an exchange with the service center, they may try to locate a set of winter tires/rims for me. I'm very patient with Tesla, do not expect perfection but do expect the company to "try their best." That's almost always the case and I'm generally delighted but cutting off customer communication to the store is the notable exception and certainly effects the Tesla brand.

Now how to I put a facepalm in this message? ;-)

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So, I've ordered winter tires/wheels from the online store. It's been two months, I have an acknowledgement, I've sent a couple of emails to onlineorders@tesla.com, couldn't get a response on chat... you get the picture.

OK. Finally got a response from onlineorders@. After many different attempts for help, this is what I ended up doing. Failed attempts for help are not included (for your benefit:))
1) Place your order
2) Get all frothy about your new Tesla thing.
3) Save the acknowledgement email
4) Wait
5) After getting frustrated send email to onlineorders@
6) You can repeat 5 as much as you want. It won't work.
7) Hop onto the website and enter an "ordering question" and refer to the acknowledgement email at step 3. This is really for vehicle orders but at least this communications channel is monitored
8) You will eventually get an apologetic email from onlineorders@ with a resolution

It appears to me that ordering issues entered via the website are tracked and, for that reason, that's the only hope for a response from the online store should things go awry.

We'll see if I actually get my wheels on 1/30 as promised:)

MalloryB.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No

had the same problem! it got the powerbank charger for Christmas and it stopped working. took like 2 weeks to get this problem solved.

markt54

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does anyone have the return address to send an online store order back? I've sent a dozen emails over two weeks to get a return authorization and label and have received no response. Ridiculous.

I'm planning on just sending my unopened wireless phone charger back on my own and then just disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Can't believe they can get away with this.

FogNoggin

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Forget about getting a return phone call from Tesla, I've experienced Tesla invisibility. Last week I found myself in Cleveland, OH at the Tesla store. Four sales personnel saw my wife and I drive up in our Model 3. We went directly to service to buy some parts, and then strolled to the showroom. Four salespeople absolutely ignored us as we crawled all over the S and X on the floor, examining the cars inside and out. None of them offered help or even made eye contact. We were the only customers in the store. It was shameful.

Last edited:

MalloryB.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
You would think if you were working for Tesla (and believed in there mission) you would want to talk to everyone and make their experience with the company as positive as possible.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You would think if you were working for Tesla (and believed in there mission) you would want to talk to everyone and make their experience with the company as positive as possible.
You are correct, you WOULD think. However, Tesla has shown over and over that customer service is a back-burner issue. I choose to believe that this is a self-preservation issue. "Let's sell the product until we can afford to support the product" I can't figure out any other excuse for poor customer service(and poor it is).