Tesla Newbie

Newbie No More!
TOO Supporting Member
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Mine were the usual first steps, and worth every penny. The car looks sharp. (Shout out to John Gray and his team at Gulf Coast Auto Shield in Houston. Those guys are pros.)

First, the shoddy Tesla paint job was detailed and ceramic coated (Feynlab Ceramic Plus). Wow the Tesla white sparkles when handled with the appropriate care!

Next, the piano black console and wood grain dash were wrapped in 3M vinyl Brushed Titanium. It looks spectacular; however, I would probably recommend a matte-ier choice to reduce the reflections off the dash.

DSC_5551.jpg

(You can also see the Evannex floor mats in that pic. Nice looking, functional, perfect fit, and great customer service when I had a couple of questions.)

Next, the front side windows were tinted 30% (Xpel Prime XR window film) which is the legal limit in Texas. The goal was to match the rear side windows to the extent permitted by the state. John measured the rear tint and found that it was roughly 25%. (I forget the exact number, but it was in the mid-20's.) It's not a perfect match, but it's very close, and really enhances the look of the car from the side.

DSC_5565.jpg

Next the front was clear wrapped with Xpel Ultimate PPF. Gotta protect that hood and lack of grill. (Our Model 3 has been a magnet for wayward flying objects on the highway. The wrap has saved us more than once.)

And finally, UV protection film was applied to the front windshield (Xpel Prime XR Plus 70 W/S.)

All in all, you can tell I'm very very happy with the results. The car really pops. I'm going to put my wallet away and let this marinade. I'm not feeling the call to do anything else for awhile.

What have you done with your Y?

AutopilotFan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Edited: I applied the rim protectors today. No photo, but I got the gray track with the blue beads and they look sharp. The blue is a good match.

I didn't get around to applying matte black console wrap to my Model 3 so I'm going to try to use in in my Model Y.

Last edited:

Teateemoe

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pulled the trigger with 21” staggered aftermarket wheels by Ferrada. Tesmanian interior, cargo mats and liners plus trunk organizer!
CC8342E9-A116-4A3E-90C1-FF596610511F.jpeg
5DAD0903-FD0F-45F4-81DF-2A98FAC8E4F6.jpeg

Reactions: 4 people

FlyingV

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Model Y with full PPF wrap and GTechniq Ceramic coat done at Clear Bra Ohio. Keith was excellent to work with, answered way too many questions over phone, text and email. Super helpful and generous with knowledge. Holds his work to a high standard. Happy with the result and happy with having it done at Clear Bra Ohio.

Attachments

• 9323AA69-21E0-4925-A04F-B35F4EA3083B.jpeg
    9323AA69-21E0-4925-A04F-B35F4EA3083B.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: 2 people

angeloxnet

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
DSC03475.jpg

Not too many mods yet, I have Tesmainian Interior Mats, Frunk & Sub Trunk mats, Cargo Mat. "amazon special" and have the center console organizer, and also rubber liners for cup holders and center console sections.
On Exterior, went with a full front Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF + rocker panels and section of the rear doors. Ceramic Pro ceramic coating on vehicle, Glasperency treatment on all the glass.

Reactions: 3 people

Karina

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Model Y with full PPF wrap and GTechniq Ceramic coat done at Clear Bra Ohio. Keith was excellent to work with, answered way too many questions over phone, text and email. Super helpful and generous with knowledge. Holds his work to a high standard. Happy with the result and happy with having it done at Clear Bra Ohio.
Getting a full wrap done on my Tesla Y @ Clear Bra North Dallas in TX, it's the way to go, to wrap the car fully, I want to avoid any damage and maintain highest value possible