What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My Rimetrix Orbital (aero) wheel covers came in today. This was a Kickstart with multiple delays and the original shipping date was July '20. This will be part of my winter wheel set.

Install/removal shown here (2nd video):

Efficiency explained here:

Rimetrix_orbital_wheel_cover_cropped.jpg
2021-02-26 15.47.49_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Achooo

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My Rimetrix Orbital (aero) wheel covers came in today. This was a Kickstart with multiple delays and the original shipping date was July '20. This will be part of my winter wheel set.

View attachment 37179
Looks gooood! 👌🏽

Reactions: Rick Steinwand

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

View attachment 37179

Looks great! Nice to see how they look on Silver... because I’m waiting on mine, on Silver!

Reactions: Rick Steinwand

iThurstMF

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Installed my aftermarket Kenwood amp and Alpine R sub. I had some bad experience with a local installer and had to take it to the shop so Tesla could get my factory speakers working again. I also installed a Audiochannel LC2i. Works like a charm with no issues. Only have been driving about 2 hours solid before returning home. It might be a little too much bass haha. Pic is the latest mods I've done to the car. I'm almost done with my mods

IMG_9436.JPG

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Added second display. Not sure the brand, picked it up on eBay for $300. It looks and works great. I can’t wait till I get my pilot style steering wheel so the view is not obstructed. I am adding the swivel screen tomorrow. I will then mow my two micro displays on top of one of the displays we’re on the bottom of the main display. Easy install except for my fat fingers trying to put the plug back in. It does share the door animations also. It looks like the brand is autosonus. I added a picture of the second display mode. Everything works great except for the speed limit. I think it is the way tesla transmits the speed limit. The display is converting the speed limit in miles per hour thanking that it’s in kilometers and reducing it.I speed limit of 45 mph shows up as 28.Other than that it works great. Dimming has adjusted by the main screen

53D34C65-DB99-4A98-8EC5-29F2E74DFB6A.jpeg
80389596-6F22-4B98-9D6F-B142143D3674.jpeg
D4DFF1BE-2803-4922-AB09-F0154B5325E4.jpeg
4B0A63D9-CCA8-4069-BEB0-3669E0EF5623.jpeg

Last edited:

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I added the screen swivel and since it lowered at some amount of the two micro displays on top of the main display. It does make it a little bit low for the iPad in the consul, but I really like the tilt. I know it looks like I got drunk and ordered everything from JC Whitney. Once I get my pilots steering wheel I think I will quit on the cockpit

4521062A-6BA5-4144-BF57-43A28460A78A.jpeg
74E01694-FF68-4003-988D-D6D27DDE96D9.jpeg
7D48F72D-A414-4371-90CC-286398F72C4D.jpeg
C0C63430-C37F-4F49-BF5D-C91F58B17AAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike and mrau

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So how is this attached and how is it getting data? Any choice in the configuration of the display?

also curious about your planned use of an iPad below the main display. What will you display on it?
The autosonus Chinese display connects under the dash and receives it data from that connection. The micro-displays and the iPad are connected to josh’s canserver. I am running teslax On the iPad. I also intend to use the iPad for Waze, Teslafi and route planner. I will probably add the mirror app, And see how that works. The display was extremely easy to add and only took about a half an hour.
The swivel mount was fairly easy to. I’m just a little old with fat fingers but a normal person could do it pretty quick.

you have a choice of two different screen styles with this one. And then you can set up miles kilometers etc. on the main display. All configuration is done from the main display. It does have a flaw with the speed limit in the US that’s why I would get one with upgrades might be better. Luckily I have a white car because there is no way to change the color of the car on the model that I have.

The model I went with was from Autosonus, the only reason I got it was I found it on eBay for $300. If I was starting from scratch I would probably go with this one since it has CarPlay, entertainment and upgrades.

Display screen

it is a totally non-invasive install. If you have to remove it there are no spliced wires or marks on your dash.

Last edited:

enigmata

Country
Country
Finally got around to the gloss carbon fiber dash and replacing the OEM underbelly trays that I punctured twice so far with skid plates. I didn’t expect such an improvement in ride noise but pleasantly surprised

E0B953A2-6AA5-4053-981F-273C2BB65283.jpeg
1C20E386-40EE-4C73-9D94-C5D6286E0344.jpeg
1975CE4B-443E-428B-B284-9A6AFEDEE4C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Have you been able to hear more benefit from the front or the rear skid plate as far as sound proofing goes? The front one seems like it would be better for a skid plate but I seem to get more noise from the rear, especially if the seats our folded.

I was also wondering what space there was available on the other side of the plates to add my own sound proofing material. That is what it was thinking about doing with this one, as it seems a little tougher as a skid plate

Skid plate

enigmata

Country
Country
Have you been able to hear more benefit from the front or the rear skid plate as far as sound proofing goes? The front one seems like it would be better for a skid plate but I seem to get more noise from the rear, especially if the seats our folded.

I was also wondering what space there was available on the other side of the plates to add my own sound proofing material. That is what it was thinking about doing with this one, as it seems a little tougher as a skid plate

Skid plate
The front one definitely has more soundproofing. Rear is about the same.

Reactions: Mike

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.