What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Met up with Rich and the Electrified Garage @EVTuning guys this morning, which I think might be my first actual Tesla meetup in two years.

Showed them my new microDisplay system. We got to check out Chris's AWD-upgraded RWD 3, and the new Stage 2 Ghost car as well.

The highlight for me was seeing the Model Y up close for the first time. It's a bit smaller than I expected, which I am very glad about. Still very tempted to trade in.

The cops showed up to check things out for a while, and Rich tooled around in his BMW Prius as expected.

img_1189-jpeg.34499
img_1191-jpeg.34500
img_1194-jpeg.34501

HCD3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Met up with Rich and the Electrified Garage @EVTuning guys this morning, which I think might be my first actual Tesla meetup in two years.

Showed them my new microDisplay system. We got to check out Chris's AWD-upgraded RWD 3, and the new Stage 2 Ghost car as well.

The highlight for me was seeing the Model Y up close for the first time. It's a bit smaller than I expected, which I am very glad about. Still very tempted to trade in.

The cops showed up to check things out for a while, and Rich tooled around in his BMW Prius as expected.

View attachment 34499 View attachment 34500 View attachment 34501
Hello J. I forgot I’d purchased the compressor you recommended in another post. When it arrived I didn’t know what it was. I thought it was some sort of lock. Have you used it and has it been handy? Instructions were in Chinese and of no help but once I figured out how to work it, it seems pretty cool. Your thoughts?

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello J. I forgot I’d purchased the compressor you recommended in another post. When it arrived I didn’t know what it was. I thought it was some sort of lock. Have you used it and has it been handy? Instructions were in Chinese and of no help but once I figured out how to work it, it seems pretty cool. Your thoughts?
Yep, used it on on my wheels and inflating some other things too. Works great. No need for instructions, the buttons and display are pretty clear. Testing with my analog pressure gauge, I set the stop pressure one pound higher than what I want.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I installed mine Friday night, both Frunk and Trunk. My 2018 3 has the pass through grille, that current year has done away with.
I ran a very loose decibel test, and it did reduce the volume at 75mph by about 2db, but average persons perception is more than that. The quality of the sound is the change from the back (not sure about Frunk but Trunk definitely is quieter) over contact patches and aged asphalt.
Between these two insulation points, and the gasket upgrade a did a couple of months ago, my 3 is much quieter than my friends 2020 non modified 3.
As for my premium audio, I cant tell any difference in the bass output from before. I should have measured it (being an audio engineer in the past), but I didnt.
As for looks, the Trunk looks fantastic comparatively. It always felt unfinished. The Frunk on my model from 2018 does not have the fastening holes at the top leaving it up to the 3M tape to hold it in place, and holes gapping in the insulation fabric. Im not excited about that honestly. The Frunk insulation may not have been the best idea for my car, but im sure it deadens noise some, and its installed now... so it shall stay unless the 3M tape loses adhesion.
@EpsilonKore,

I have the Frunk Liner...haven’t installed yet but will. Haven’t pulled the trigger on the Trunk liner yet. Who did you order from and did it have full coverage. Some of the early cuts after install left a lot of metal still showing in the seat back upper deck corners. Afew later cuts seemed better. How’s yours? Also did you acoustic foam your grill or just install the straight liner?

Ski

RD88

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Dark brushed metal console... soooo much better!
I have the same. :)

I also opted for the door handle vinyl decals. As I don't have a chrome delete (yet) I like the way the Abstract Ocean decals are not a full wrap and leave a little chrome visible.

Hoping @Nikola Pro may offer their Model 3 de-chrome kit in 3M 1080 Black Brushed in the future.