What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@pumxee also... Looks great guys! How much does a vinyl wrap like this run...just ballpark?

I know its not as thick or protective as PPF which I know runs about $4-5k for a full vehicle in the northeast. Something to consider for my next one because I love the unique look. ;)

@BigBluu Love the wheels...I was considering the SF03 or SF07's but might go a different route but the time I'm ready next summer....we'll see.
I got a great deal on my wrap, or at least I think so. It was $2400 from a guy doing it on the side out of his garage. He worked full-time at a shop, and recently just opened up his own shop. Very happy with it. I was getting quotes from $4k to well north of $5k!

pumxee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@pumxee also... Looks great guys! How much does a vinyl wrap like this run...just ballpark?

I know its not as thick or protective as PPF which I know runs about $4-5k for a full vehicle in the northeast. Something to consider for my next one because I love the unique look. ;)

@BigBluu Love the wheels...I was considering the SF03 or SF07's but might go a different route but the time I'm ready next summer....we'll see.
Hey sorry for the late reply. A wrap like this will run you about $5000 CAD or $3500USD!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Rotated the wheel/tires and Installed the ‘California’ edition spray guards from Eric at Antirouille Bolduc:

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/mud-guards-for-gravel-and-winter-conditions.11601/post-245128

While I had the wheels off I cleaned them up and used Mothers new ceramic spray on the barrels. My car is professionally done with Feynlab Ceramic Heal Lite by Fabian Evelyn and he did the wheel faces as well.

410ea3ce-5a99-4909-8d35-7b1b3eff10e0-jpeg.27683

7b8a0986-735b-4437-912b-6563385cb544-jpeg.27684

This stuff worked really well and I will be using it on my motorcycle from now on. It leaves a super slippery hydrophobic coating. P.S. What looks like curb rash on the inner wheel lip is actually just rubber residue from mounting the tire.

Last edited:

N54tt

Country
Country
Finally got the MPP sport coilovers installed. They are sweet! Lowered the car about 1-2-1.3 inches all around. About as low as I want to take it around here with driveways and parking dams that stick up way too high. Have the shocks set at 10 compression and 8 rebound off of Full hard. Not sure I would really want to experiment with much firmer on the street as MPP recommends 12/10 for best comfort and some improvement in handling. @beastmode13 may inspire me though to really crank up the stiffness, as he has been on the street after tracking with the car at 6CR/4RB which he says isn't too bad. Even 10/8 is pretty firm though.

Here is the car pre coilover install. Not too jacked up but still a sitting a little high on the 20 inch wheels. View attachment 27589

Here's the car now, dropped 1.2 inches or so. Noticeable, but not slammed.

View attachment 27590

BEST CAR EVER. What's next? May put some forged VS wheels, and keep the Vorsteiner as backup. 9.5 with 265/30 in front and 10.5 with the existing 275/30s in the rear - gets more closer to a squared setup but with some of the aesthetic payoffs of staggered but presumably with less understeer (although haven't seen any of that at any reasonable speed on the street). Wife still threatening to commit me however, if I buy anymore wheels and tires. Will have to hide them under the X-mas decorations! Hah!
IMO performance model 3 should come stock with that ride height. Perfect!

You can hide your other set of wheels on my car if you want!! Lol

B.Silva

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A couple of days ago I installed the Ottosteer magnetic front license plate holder. https://ottosteer.com/product/ottostick-tesla-model-3-magnetic-front-license-plate-holder-pre-order/ . I live in the state of WA where a front plate is legally required, though many (most?) Teslas (and Porsches, etc.) don't install a front plate. Not have a front plate is considered a secondary offense, which means the cops can't stop and ticket you just for not having a front plate, but if they stop you for something else and you don't have a plate, when they can ticket you for that.

I've driven to Canada a few times in the past month and was asked by the border guards in both directions where my front plate was. It wasn't a problem but I prefer to eliminate any friction at the border and not give them any reason to keep me any longer than necessary. I've also notice that unlike in WA, most Teslas in BC have a front plate.

I didn't want to affix the Tesla front plate holder using double stick tape as it comes, and I didn't want to drill any holes into the bumper. I read about various front plate holders on this forum and got the Ottosteer one. I really like it. I can easily remove the front plate anytime. Or install the set screws to secure it beyond that magnets.

If you live in a front plate required state, check out the Ottosteer front plate holders.

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Country
Country
Springs finally installed so went out and took some quick iPhone flicks. 🤟
Man black cars are hard to photograph. Gotta find the right exposure to highlight the car lines, but not too much direct light otherwise it would reflect off the body. Anyone have tips?

de1ae234-0a29-4e56-8cc5-f37c6e0bfe26-jpeg.27768

4ea7615a-a554-4936-9099-7aeb9b26416f-jpeg.27767

Last edited:

Dfwatt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Springs finally installed so went out and took some quick iPhone flicks. 🤟
Man black cars are hard to photograph. Gotta find the right exposure to highlight the car lines, but not too much direct light otherwise it would reflect off the body. Anyone have tips?

View attachment 27768

View attachment 27767
You have to slightly overexpose in diffuse rather than reflected light. In other words, direct sun creates blown highlights in areas of reflection off the paint. The rest of it tends to be typically underexposed and too dark due to the metering trying to compensate for your blown highlights, so a cloudy day, with slight overexposure to bring out Contours of the Body Work / paint.

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are they still refusing to ship that? How crack-resistant does it seem?
I actually bought it used from another forum member. It is pretty flexible so I imagine it's pretty crack resistant.

I didn't know they were refusing to ship these. I just thought the shipping was an outrageous amount when I went through the checkout process for the final price.

Dfwatt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I actually bought it used from another forum member. It is pretty flexible so I imagine it's pretty crack resistant.

I didn't know they were refusing to ship these. I just thought the shipping was an outrageous amount when I went through the checkout process for the final price.
Now I got you. I think I had that mixed up with somebody's carbon fiber spoiler, maybe it was RPM Tesla but I'm not remembering clearly. Yes the UP one you can get shipped and yes I agree the shipping prices is a gouge. I've got it on one of our cars. I really like it. But I was wondering about the carbon fiber one from whoever else is making that that isn't shippable

Last edited:

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now I got you. I think I had that mixed up with somebody's carbon fiber spoiler, maybe it was RPM Tesla but I'm not remembering clearly. Yes the UP one you can get shipped and yes I agree the shipping prices is a gouge. I've got it on one of our cars. I really like it. But I was wondering about the carbon fiber one from whoever else is making that that isn't shippable
They refuse to offer it in paint due to possible shipping damages, maybe you were thinking of that.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Dfwatt,

RPMs is unshippable.....pickup only.

Ski