What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A follow-up on my hail damage. Stopped by my local paintless dent repair shop, who I've used before with my '12 & '18 Volts.

After getting my contact info, they asked for the keys and a tech would take my 3 around back, wash it and check it out. I pointed out, it was already clean and here's the key card, which always raises eyebrows. After a short refresher on how to drive it, he came back and said he found no damage, so had to point out the two camera housings, which he admitted he forgot to check.

He couldn't find them in his online parts catalog, where every other part on the fender was available, but was going to research it and get back to me.

Contacted Eden Prairie Service via email and got a quick reply that they could do it, but no mention of price. Will update this post when I know more.

Ndiggity

Country
Country
A follow-up on my hail damage. Stopped by my local paintless dent repair shop, who I've used before with my '12 & '18 Volts.

After getting my contact info, they asked for the keys and a tech would take my 3 around back, wash it and check it out. I pointed out, it was already clean and here's the key card, which always raises eyebrows. After a short refresher on how to drive it, he came back and said he found no damage, so had to point out the two camera housings, which he admitted he forgot to check.

He couldn't find them in his online parts catalog, where every other part on the fender was available, but was going to research it and get back to me.

Contacted Eden Prairie Service via email and got a quick reply that they could do it, but no mention of price. Will update this post when I know more.
Good luck! There are also carbon fiber covers for those that you can put on there. Aliexpress sells them for $55 shipped for two, if that is an option. It might take up to 3 weeks to get, but they cover the metal completely and look great.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good luck! There are also carbon fiber covers for those that you can put on there. Aliexpress sells them for $55 shipped for two, if that is an option. It might take up to 3 weeks to get, but they cover the metal completely and look great.
@Rick Steinwand

AY Customs on Amazon - A bit more money, but Prime shipping eligible, high quality and returnable. I highly recommend them....they'll cut you "T" logos for them free as well..had them do mine with color matched vinyl I sent them.

COM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had a coupon from EV Tuning, so I ordered some puddle lights for the front doors.

puddle lights.jpg

Snapped in my puddle lights. Also dropped off my car to have them redo the clear bra on the front bumper (had a large bubble) and tint on the passenger window (wasn't cut straight).

Attachments

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I finally got my first alignment since getting the MPP comfort coilovers installed.

I waited two months to do this because I kept having to wait until I got creaking issue resolved knowing I would be going in at least one more time to have my suspension worked on. Plus, there were hardly any places that had the specs for the model 3 except for Tesla service, until I discovered my local Big O Tires had them. Here are the alignment specs. I'm lowered about an inch compared to stock height. Let me know what you all think.

IMG_20190708_095208.jpg

Attachments

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh and this also happened today: new wheels and tires.

Continental Pure Contact LS
235/40/19

Forgestar CF5V
19x8.5 et32

I finally got my wheels that I ordered NINE friggin weeks ago. I love the wheels, but I'm not as pleased with the Double Dark Tint finish. I was hoping it would have turned out darker. I may opt to powder coat them, or just cheap out on plastidip. I don't dislike the finish, I'm just not wowed by it because I want more contrast.

As for the tires, I've only driven about 20 miles on them, and so far I'm more excited about the tires than I am with the wheels, because they seem to ride smoother and quieter, though only marginally compared to the stock Aeros.

Here's a before/after (which also includes my chrome delete btw, that I keep going back and forth on which one I like better):
IMG_20190509_200453.jpg

IMG_20190708_194523.jpg

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Oh and this also happened today: new wheels and tires.

Continental Pure Contact LS
235/40/19

Forgestar CF5V
19x8.5 et32

I finally got my wheels that I ordered NINE friggin weeks ago. I love the wheels, but I'm not as pleased with the Double Dark Tint finish. I was hoping it would have turned out darker. I may opt to powder coat them, or just cheap out on plastidip. I don't dislike the finish, I'm just not wowed by it because I want more contrast.

As for the tires, I've only driven about 20 miles on them, and so far I'm more excited about the tires than I am with the wheels, because they seem to ride smoother and quieter, though only marginally compared to the stock Aeros.

Here's a before/after (which also includes my chrome delete btw, that I keep going back and forth on which one I like better):
View attachment 27504

View attachment 27505
My vote would be to keep the chrome.....if you are looking for comments from the peanut gallery.

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My vote would be to keep the chrome.....if you are looking for comments from the peanut gallery.
haha thanks. I'm leaning towards deleting the chrome delete, to be honest. I wanted to wait until I got my wheels before I decided. In retrospect, I should've just waited to do the chrome delete after I got the wheels. Lesson learned.

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree, a silver wrap or Silver Metallic OEM pulls off the chrome well IMO so I decided to just add some contrast with my Carbon Fiber bits of the mirror, side turn signal and door handles...waiting on my spoiler. :cool:

Attachments

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree, a silver wrap or Silver Metallic OEM pulls off the chrome well IMO so I decided to just add some contrast with my Carbon Fiber bits of the mirror, side turn signal and door handles...waiting on my spoiler. :cool:
I actually had a full chrome delete that included my emblems and the side marker. I already took them off since they were just plastidip. The chrome trim on the windows is vinyl wrap, but the chrome trim on my mirrors are plastidip as well. I'm thinking of just peeling off the the part underneath (the part that folds) to give it a black/chrome accent to match the side markers.

I'll update if/when I decide to do it.

Dfwatt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This forum thread is a bit like discovering that somebody down the block is giving away crack cocaine (currently in a 12 step program for TTA – Tesla Tuning Addiction).

Little hope apparently for this increasingly common and debilitating addiction, particularly given recent 5% power boosts. If they boost another 10%, it's all over.

What I've done this winter with the help of our great weather here in FL, plus a listing of some things still to do:

INTERIOR: A) EV wraps carbon fiber wraps on steering wheel, center console and phone dock lip; B) Tesla Sunshades for top and rear glass; C) 3D MAXpider Floor Liners; D) CoolKo Power Welcome Lamp Car LED Courtesy Door Projector Light (projects a bright Tesla T icon); E) Umon Center Console Cup Holder Liner; F) Dynamatting with Noico 80 mil sound dampening mat on all four doors, trunk, and front strut towers, with additional dynamatting of front speaker brackets; G) speaker mods to come – replacement of subwoofer and front dash speakers with Infinity REF-4022cfx (installing tomorrow sometime).

EXTERIOR: A) Ceramic coating by Hocossy Nano on paint, windows, and touchscreen; B) RPM Wind Noise reduction kit; C) extra weather stripping of all four doors to reduce wind noise, per BradHS’s thread; D) Nicola Pro Door Handle Wraps (matching pearl white paint); E) Unplugged Performance front spoiler, painted to match pearlescent white (not installed yet but see post on painting in progress).

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES: A) Racing Brakes two piece front and rear rotors; B) CRC Rustproofing on all exposed suspension components and bolts and CRC rubberized undercoating on wheel arches and rear wheel liners (had to remove the liners to do this – front liners are plastic instead of fiberboard so haven't done anything there yet but evaluating the options); C) Vorsteiner 9x20 and 10.5x20 with Tesla-specific 275/30-20 tires at the rear (I would recommend those over the ostensibly wider 285/30 rears due to their non-trivial extra tread width and their acoustic foam – they are actually significantly wider at the tread than the larger 285s!!) with stock Tesla 235/35-20 on fronts (also significantly wider in terms of tread than the 245/35s!); D) MPP Sports coilovers (at some point – gotta have something to do later!)

I know - it's a bit much!! Wife threatening to commit me if I buy any more wheels and tires.
View attachment 24574 Oh, I almost forgot to mention we have a second Model 3. Tweaking that one too! It’s a frikin' full time job. :D:D:D
Finally got the MPP sport coilovers installed. They are sweet! Lowered the car about 1-2-1.3 inches all around. About as low as I want to take it around here with driveways and parking dams that stick up way too high. Have the shocks set at 10 compression and 8 rebound off of Full hard. Not sure I would really want to experiment with much firmer on the street as MPP recommends 12/10 for best comfort and some improvement in handling. @beastmode13 may inspire me though to really crank up the stiffness, as he has been on the street after tracking with the car at 6CR/4RB which he says isn't too bad. Even 10/8 is pretty firm though.

Here is the car pre coilover install. Not too jacked up but still a sitting a little high on the 20 inch wheels. 20190508_131754.jpg

Here's the car now, dropped 1.2 inches or so. Noticeable, but not slammed.

20190628_165628.jpg

BEST CAR EVER. What's next? May put some forged VS wheels, and keep the Vorsteiner as backup. 9.5 with 265/30 in front and 10.5 with the existing 275/30s in the rear - gets more closer to a squared setup but with some of the aesthetic payoffs of staggered but presumably with less understeer (although haven't seen any of that at any reasonable speed on the street). Wife still threatening to commit me however, if I buy anymore wheels and tires. Will have to hide them under the X-mas decorations! Hah!

Last edited:

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice to see another matte metallic blue, Avery I assume. :cool:
@pumxee also... Looks great guys! How much does a vinyl wrap like this run...just ballpark?

I know its not as thick or protective as PPF which I know runs about $4-5k for a full vehicle in the northeast. Something to consider for my next one because I love the unique look. ;)

@BigBluu Love the wheels...I was considering the SF03 or SF07's but might go a different route but the time I'm ready next summer....we'll see.