What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

Scrapps

Country
Country
Today I had it ceramic coated. Glossy black really pops! Too rainy for pics; will add some soon.
You will not regret having the ceramic pro done, it’s amazing. I’ve not washed my car since I had it done, about two weeks ago and it still looks spotless. Each shower we have effectively rinses it clean! You drive a couple of miles and the car is dry with no marks :)

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Today, Scarlet is going in for an Xpel ultimate plus paint protective film. Doing Bumper, hood and front fenders
Ken, where are you having it done? I'm looking into Immaculate Reflections (in Brentwood) for a ceramic coating, would love to hear your recommendations.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ken, where are you having it done? I'm looking into Immaculate Reflections (in Brentwood) for a ceramic coating, would love to hear your recommendations.
Brett....Yes, Immaculate reflections is doing the work, Jeff is starting it today and will be done on Monday afternoon. I will comment on the quality of his work after I pick it up.

I also want to do Ceramic he quoted me $2,500 for CQuartz finest reserve including glass, trim, wheels and brake calipers) or $1,500 for CQuartz Pro on painted services only, both seem high to me so I am holding on that for now.

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Brett....Yes, Immaculate reflections is doing the work, Jeff is starting it today and will be done on Monday afternoon. I will comment on the quality of his work after I pick it up.

I also want to do Ceramic he quoted me $2,500 for CQuartz finest reserve including glass, trim, wheels and brake calipers) or $1,500 for CQuartz Pro on painted services only, both seem high to me so I am holding on that for now.
Awesome, I'll look forward to your review. Thanks for being the guinea pig for me. :cool:

I got the same quotes by phone last week. It does seem very high but he has nothing but very positive (and genuine sounding) reviews, so it sounds like he will do a quality job. I'm thinking about on doing the CQuartz Pro but paying extra for the full wheel treatment (for $2K). I couldn't find any technical breakdowns on the difference between Finest Reserve and Professional so I thought I should save a little money. I've never done ceramic before so I'm still unsure though. Of course, I've still got a month or so to decide (April 18th invite/order).

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? I did my own on my old BMW but I was replacing a lot of the suspension so I'm wondering if it's worth
I had a shop do it. They mentioned the rears where easy to replace but the fronts were harder and similar to an Audi. It took them 4 hours and charged me $400 which is pretty decent since Unplugged Performance charges $300 and is about an hour and a half drive for me so that extra $100 saves me time driving up.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Awesome, I'll look forward to your review. Thanks for being the guinea pig for me. :cool:

I got the same quotes by phone last week. It does seem very high but he has nothing but very positive (and genuine sounding) reviews, so it sounds like he will do a quality job. I'm thinking about on doing the CQuartz Pro but paying extra for the full wheel treatment (for $2K). I couldn't find any technical breakdowns on the difference between Finest Reserve and Professional so I thought I should save a little money. I've never done ceramic before so I'm still unsure though. Of course, I've still got a month or so to decide (April 18th invite/order).
OK, I got the car back and the workmanship is outstanding. They did Xpel PPF on the front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and directional signals. They also did a full car paint correction and finally applied Cqartz Professional on all painted surfaces and trim plus wheels. I took the car in for PPF only and ended up doing the works. While pictures can do it justice I have attached one for your viewing pleasure

The paint correction and Ceramic coating make the color look deeper and richer. I know someone in my area with a multi coat Red model 3 with 19" sport wheels exactly like mine and parked beside it, you can absolutely see the difference in clarity and depth of color.

I can highly recommend Immaculate Reflections, they are not the lowest price but they are passionate about the work they do.

Now....If I can just find a quality tint shop in the east bay area to install 3M Crystalline I will be a happy camper, anyone have a recommendation? IMG_5084.jpg

Last edited:

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Ken Voss Thanks, I'm glad it turned out so well. I had assumed from the reviews (and a phone conversation) that they would do a good job, but it's great to get an opinion from someone I trust.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for your car, I bet I'll be able to pick it out from the other reds in town just by it's shininess.

For tinting, I used Rocky Mountain in Livermore on my current car and they did a fantastic job (no bubbles, ever) and it's held up well (~4 years now). I don't think they do 3M Crystalline though, just Llumar and FormulaOne. I'm honestly not sure about the relative benefits of each.

MadMax

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! Chrome Delete was $500 and emblems were done as well.
Was the chrome delete done with vinyl wrap? That seems like a pretty good price from what I've seen. Discounted because you had other stuff done I'm guessing?

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was the chrome delete done with vinyl wrap? That seems like a pretty good price from what I've seen. Discounted because you had other stuff done I'm guessing?
Yes, with vinyl. I think that’s actually their regular price. The deal I got for a group buy I found on Reddit was for tint and xpel clear bra and console wrap.

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! A couple of the pieces were cut poorly, I may contact them for a replacement, not sure yet. It took two weeks for them to arrive and Im in CA.
I was afraid of the long arrival and saw some people complaining about their vinyl being cut poorly. I think I might just call and drive up to RPM and have them install so if any issues they can take care of the same time. Luckily I’m only an hour away.

Thanks for the info.