What could be better than one Model 3?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think measuring the ground clearance to three or four spots on the belly pan would be the most accurate method (even if it does involve lay on the ground).
I just measured ground clearance today for my Performance with PUO.
It was 5" at the front jack point and 5.5" at the rear jack point.

P.S. - my jack is too tall to fit - I need one of those low-profile jacks. Thus why I was measuring. :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well it's been a week now, so we're following up with my wife's review. I think she's an important critic as the "normal consumer" that is not car crazy and not a techie. This is who Tesla will be selling to once the backlog is cleared out.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Well it's been a week now, so we're following up with my wife's review. I think she's an important critic as the "normal consumer" that is not car crazy and not a techie. This is who Tesla will be selling to once the backlog is cleared out.

Is the lack of grab handles because they would interfere with the deployment of the upper curtain airbags?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was she testing the notification? Or maybe testing the new feature about limiting acceleration with obstacle awareness. You have to know that if she didn't hit it, it must have been her intention to get that close and she was just testing you.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey SoFla, sorry if this was asked and answered, but I’m wondering why you and your wife opted for AWD for the second 3. It doesn’t appear that she’s a car nut and I’m guessing that the roads in south Florida are typically free of snow. If the answer is that you wanted something different for the sheer joy of comparing one to the other ... that works for me!

On another note, the pic of the car, the garage wall, and the minimal space between them gave me heart palpitations.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey SoFla, sorry if this was asked and answered, but I’m wondering why you and your wife opted for AWD for the second 3.
Because she wanted the white interior, and at the time it was only available if you ordered AWD.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ha! I suppose that would have been my 637th guess. Right after the cat stepped on the keyboard and inadvertently ordered the second motor.
As @garsh said, it was all about white on white. I must say, she was a very slow driver historically but the dual motor is bringing out her inner speed demon :)

Side note -- in the spirit of regretting things, could have saved a lot had we know white on white mid range would be possible. My car is the road trip car, so the 310 mile range is overkill.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First 2 mods done on my wife's car. The next one should be fun to install and done within the next few weeks!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Loved the way it just "globbed" on there! What kind of difference did you notice in touch sensitivity? Does it increase or decrease the size of the click targets? Is it more or less likely to register a touch? How about dragging?

Like you, I've never been a screen protector kind of guy. But if it mostly solves the fingerprints, yeah baby!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Loved the way it just "globbed" on there! What kind of difference did you notice in touch sensitivity? Does it increase or decrease the size of the click targets? Is it more or less likely to register a touch? How about dragging?

Like you, I've never been a screen protector kind of guy. But if it mostly solves the fingerprints, yeah baby!
So I didn't say it in the video (should have), but I find it's easier to drag your finger on the screen which is awesome! Touch sensitivity is unchanged and you reduce glare and fingerprints. It's a win all around!!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
with all the tweets/posts/videos on Elon Accessories, I assume you are getting some kickback for us using your links?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
with all the tweets/posts/videos on Elon Accessories, I assume you are getting some kickback for us using your links?
They do offer an affiliate program for influencers much like most of the products you see in YouTube videos today. No different than Abstract Ocean, who offers a competitive product for screen protection. I think you’re seeing a lot of people posting about the Elon Accessories product because it’s literally that good. I actually bought 2 of them (neither were free).

Now I can’t speak for others, so I can only speak for myself. I only put products in videos that I use and like. I’d rather make pennies on affiliate revenues than steer anyone in the wrong direction and lose subscribers’ trust. To that end, you’ll never see a video from me selling a product from RPM as I do not believe in them as a company. I have also turned down some free products and an opportunity at affiliate revenue because they weren’t products I would actually use. Also, I have a product for instance where the buyer using my link gets a discount and I do not get any revenues at all (the sunshade). I actually fought hard to get the discount code even after finding out they didn’t offer an affiliate program because I think it’s a great product.

I started producing videos with my phone and an old tripod I had. As I started to gain a follower base the comments would call for better quality and that costs money. In a few short months here are my expenses:
  • Logo
  • Intro video
  • Camcorder
  • GoPro (technically on loan)
  • Camera suction cup mount
  • Camera lens hood
  • Microphone
  • 2 lapel microphones
  • Green Screen
  • Audio recorder
  • And my latest new item arrives Monday, lighting!
All said, I have a small channel and I think I’ve spent ~$800. That doesn’t include my time to come up with the ideas for the videos, the recording, and the hours spent in post production putting it all together. A little affiliate revenue really goes a long way. At the end of the day it’s up to the consumer of content to make a decision on how genuine the content producer(s) that they follow are. The affiliate revenues are small (at least at my stage of the game), but they can be quite sizeble with high follower counts. Those revenues help keep the content going though. I consider myself to still be in the “I’m having fun stage”, but as you can see it’s a not a small effort to make it all happen.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wasn’t criticizing, just asking if there was a benefit to using a link vs going directly to their site
You only mentioned the word kickback, but no worries. Unfortunately on the Elon Accessories there is no discount for the buyer. I think they’re too new right now.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
You only mentioned the word kickback, but no worries. Unfortunately on the Elon Accessories there is no discount for the buyer. I think they’re too new right now.
Nothing wrong with a kickback, it's not like we're discussing government contracts here! Whenever there is a link to a page you can order from, I assume there's probably a small kickback involved.

I find the term "kickback" to be very descriptive and plain language. A term like "affiliate revenue" is somewhat opaque, like calling the garbage man a "sanitation worker". ;)