Question what are the torque specs for a Model Y brake service?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

pjfw8

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why would a Y need brake service in the near term? They should be inspected periodically, but most folks never replace pads during the normal life of a Tesla. Replacement of the brake fluid is years out. Finally other than the wheel nuts which are torqued to 129 foot pounds I was not aware of a torque recommendation for the brake hardware. It would help if you could be more specific with your questions. I think this is why you’re not getting a direct answer.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why would a Y need brake service in the near term? They should be inspected periodically, but most folks never replace pads during the normal life of a Tesla.
Those of us who lives where it snows will sometime remove the calipers and pads in order to clean and lubricate everything.
All of the salt put on roads in the winter will sometimes cause these components to rust and not slide as easily.

Sorry @ACAG, I don't know the torque specs for Model Y caliper bolts.

• Helpful
Reactions: pjfw8 and iChris93

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.