What are the best 18" Winter Tires for the Model 3?

If you had to buy 18" Winter Tires for your Model 3 which ones would you choose?

• Continental Winter Contact SI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Country
Country
I know there have been various threads on the topic of winter tires for the Model 3, but I wanted to do a poll amongst the owners who have or are thinking about buying winter tires for their cars. Specifically the 18" variant because it's the most common (and what I have :p). Please vote and post why you think those tires are the best. Please include your experience with performance, handling, road noise, stopping distance and the lost (or not) of regen with the recent 2019 software updates. I've tried to include the most common winter tires, but if i've missed something please post and I will update the options.

Last edited:

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I have the Michelin’s and voted for them as “the best” although I’ve never tried any others, so it is somewhat of a biased vote. 😁 I also can’t really provide details on all the thing you specified, other than to say they really worked well for me and with no adverse effects. No notable road noise nor change in efficiency relative to the 18” OEM all season. No regen issues because I have an AWD.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I have the Michelin’s and voted for them as “the best” although I’ve never tried any others, so it is somewhat of a biased vote. 😁 I also can’t really provide details on all the thing you specified, other than to say they really worked well for me and with no adverse effects. No notable road noise nor change in efficiency relative to the 18” OEM all season. No regen issues because I have an AWD.
Everything @Bigriver said, except I have the SottoZero's (I bought the winter package off the shelf from Tesla).

Edit: I'm RWD....

MNScott

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AWD and I'm putting the Nokian R3's on this vehicle. I have 19" rims, dropping down to 18" and buying a cheap set of rims so I have an easy swap-out. My first full winter with my Model 3. It was between the X-Ice3 and Nokian for me. Found a good deal here in MN on the R3's (after a price match, 10% discount for MN Tesla Club, 10% rebate) that made it very price competitive to go with the Nokians. I looked at the set from Tesla and was tempted...but I will save at least $400-$450 going with my setup (given - no Tesla branded 18" rims...but it's winter so I really don't care).

Scott

D. J.

Super happy with the X-ice that I had installed on 18” Aero wheels that I bought from someone local selling on this forum. Regularly took it up skiing all last winter, dealt great with icy roads and ski area parking lots. And that’s on a RWD MR.

Last edited:

Tom Hudson

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
So Tesla sells 18" wheels with Pirelli Sottozero -- but they don't say whether they're the series 2 or 3 -- anybody know what the better option might be for a RWD Model 3? The Series 3 is a little cheaper for some reason...