What about Free LTE on the 3 for a referral?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So as of July 1 the free LTE goes to $100 from what we've read. I wonder if maybe this could just be a way to get the Model 3 into a referral / incentive program. Today the referrals only work for an S and X and they get free Supercharging. Maybe 3's will now be good for a referral and the person you refer will get free LTE for the life of the car !! It'd be worth a few hundred bucks.

My gut still tells me that the LTE charges are just so they quit paying for the overhead and pass it on to the consumer, but they could work it into a referral program if they wanted.

BobLoblaw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’d send that message up the ladder, maybe Fred from Electrek or someone with some “visibility” on Musk’s feed. I think it’s a great idea.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's definitely a great idea! At some point the Model 3 will need a referral program to help it along.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’d send that message up the ladder, maybe Fred from Electrek or someone with some “visibility” on Musk’s feed. I think it’s a great idea.
I tweeted at Elon - or at least I think I did, I've never been a Twitterer, have never sent one. I have been wanting to follow Elon though - so think I'm set up to follow him and think I sent one. As you note though I'm sure I won't get any attention, it will slide by.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tweeted at Elon - or at least I think I did, I've never been a Twitterer, have never sent one. I have been wanting to follow Elon though - so think I'm set up to follow him and think I sent one. As you note though I'm sure I won't get any attention, it will slide by.
Just so you know, Twitter is a slippery slope! That added to this is a real time sucker for me :eek:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
It just occurred to me that the employees at the store get commissions on S/X sales and now get commissions on the Performance 3. Maybe the referral program will change slightly to also give owners credit for referrals that buy a P3D?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It just occurred to me that the employees at the store get commissions on S/X sales and now get commissions on the Performance 3. Maybe the referral program will change slightly to also give owners credit for referrals that buy a P3D?
It should...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
one of the podcasts I listened to in the last day mentioned they thought the referral program was ending with this last go-around that ends July 31. (either @Ryan's RideTheLightning or Rob Maurer's TeslaDaily) In prior referral phases, they announced the next phase prior to the current expiring (tomorrow), but don't think there has been any word on what, if anything, is coming August 1st.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
one of the podcasts I listened to in the last day mentioned they thought the referral program was ending with this last go-around that ends July 31. (either @Ryan's RideTheLightning or Rob Maurer's TeslaDaily) In prior referral phases, they announced the next phase prior to the current expiring (tomorrow), but don't think there has been any word on what, if anything, is coming August 1st.
Good thing I finally got a referral, though the car is not delivered yet...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice! What you gonna choose? Wall connector or Mini S?
Seeing as how I bought my daughter a Barbie Jeep (offered Model S for kids at the time) and she’s driven it 3 times in 2 years. I’ll take Elon’s signature on a Wall Charger. I may not install it for a while but we’ll either move or my wife will get a Tesla or both and I’ll be happiest having that!

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd go with the wall charger as well. I purchased someone else's free model s for my kid. He drove it like a maniac for about 2-3 months, now it sits in the garage next to the model 3.
I missed out on my opportunity to get get a model s referral mainly because I didn't have a code to give to a friend.

I don't expect tesla to put the normal model 3 as part of the referral program until they get through their backorder log