We're all gonna get a Ferrari GTC4

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I just hope that the M3 had that type of switches the Ferrari has :) Looks like a cockpit from a fighter airplane
I really have great reserves with "touch interfaces" in vehicles...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just hope that the M3 had that type of switches the Ferrari has :) Looks like a cockpit from a fighter airplane
I really have great reserves with "touch interfaces" in vehicles...
I'm with you on this one, brother. I know that the touchscreen interface allows for setting all kinds of things, and allows the cars to be updated & upgraded after purchase. But for some basic stuff, I'd much rather have some knobs & buttons that I can just reach for without taking my eyes off the road.

I really miss having the "on/off/volume" knob on a radio. There was a satisfying "click" to know when you switched it off or on, and I knew exactly how much to twist the knob to get my desired volume. I could turn the volume down BEFORE starting the car, instead of waiting for the car to blow out my eardrums before I'm able to adjust the volume to a lower level.

But... it's not going to happen. Buttons and switches would make the Model 3 too complicated to assemble. They're going to simplify the Model 3 controls compared to what's currently in the Model S. So, we're going to have to "suck it up" and live with all of the touch screen stuff.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone noticed how similar the fronts are ?!
We are all gonna be owners of a Ferrari alike !
:)

View attachment 1086
To which I say: ain't nothing wrong with that!!

Lots of people mistake the Model S for an Aston Martin or a Jag, if people think the Model 3 looks like a Ferrari then so be it.

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I think that Tesla will do what's best for efficiency, range, ...
If the hole is best for aerodynamics, they should do it...

Maybe some Venturi effect... :)

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
My boss says it's like a Maserati
Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Maserati have been... 'borrowing' styling cues from each other for so long... I hardly think any of the three remember whom did what first... And they ALL make beautifully styled cars... So I have no problem at all with the Tesla Model S looking like 'one of the Family' for those marques.

Jayc

Country
Country
Ferrari no thanks, don't like cars with bonnets longer than the rest of the car.

Model 3 looks modern practical and way better IMO.

Last edited:

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Ferrari no thanks, don't like cars with bonnets longer than the rest of the car.

Model 3 looks modern practical and way better IMO.
Heh. You must really love this Mercedes-Maybach Coupe Concept, then:

:D

Honestly? I'm not a fan of the so-called 'shooting brake' designs either. They seem to accentuate, even celebrate, everything that is wrong with ICE design.