Well, this sucks. Dead car.

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Literally about to hit the road for a little trip when I get the message that charging had been interrupted.

CAR NEEDS SERVICE
MAY NOT RESTART

Sure enough, won’t start or change out of park.

Called service, they had me do a 2 min power down, which did nothing. Hour and 15 later waiting for the tow truck they said should be here in 45.

Also, offered me a loaner, but only if I Uber’d into the service center, which I couldn’t do since it’s rush hour and they were closing soon so no chance of getting there.

So yeah. This blows.

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed.

Stupid $@?!%#-ing tow company kept it in their lot all weekend instead of taking it to the service center Saturday morning, so Tesla just got their hands on it about four hours ago. Waiting to hear some news...

Silver S 100D loaner. First time driving an S.... and I want my 3 back :weary:

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, seriously, after a 3 for the last four months, this S feels like an aircraft carrier LOL... certainly has pickup, but doesn’t feel remotely as quick and nimble...

Makes me drool thinking what the dual motor performance 3 is like!

Country
Country
Literally about to hit the road for a little trip when I get the message that charging had been interrupted.

CAR NEEDS SERVICE
MAY NOT RESTART

Called service, they had me do a 2 min power down, which did nothing. Hour and 15 later waiting for the tow truck they said should be here in 45.

Also, offered me a loaner, but only if I Uber’d into the service center, which I couldn’t do since it’s rush hour and they were closing soon so no chance of getting there.

So yeah. This blows.
[Tesla feature request] It seems like they could have set up a car for you with remote app access on your Tesla account and left it in their service center parking lot.

Country
Country
Agreed.

Stupid $@?!%#-ing tow company kept it in their lot all weekend instead of taking it to the service center Saturday morning, so Tesla just got their hands on it about four hours ago. Waiting to hear some news...

Silver S 100D loaner. First time driving an S.... and I want my 3 back :weary:
[Tow truck experience] They should have taken it directly to the service center the same day rather than buffer it in the tow truck lot at all. They can leave the car at the service center when it's closed, at least in California.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@rareohs I know exactly how this feels.

I bricked Middie the very first day I had her by rebooting during an update.

That sinking feeling that your car of the future ain't taking you there at the moment.

Hang in there, be glad you have another Tesla to drive. Some of my friends get Nissan Altimas for loaners (yikes).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@rareohs I know exactly how this feels.

I bricked Middie the very first day I had her by rebooting during an update.

That sinking feeling that your car of the future ain't taking you there at the moment.

Hang in there, be glad you have another Tesla to drive. Some of my friends get Nissan Altimas for loaners (yikes).
I had not heard about you bricking Middie the first day. So they had to tow her in and I guess plug in to get the software straightened out? Did they attempt to just send a Ranger or even think about it? Was that possible?

Bravedog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

CAR NEEDS SERVICE
MAY NOT RESTART

So yeah. This blows.
Sorry to hear this. My model 3 lasted a week before it died but they said mine is the high voltage control module. I like the model 3 better than the S loaner they gave me, too.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

CAR NEEDS SERVICE
MAY NOT RESTART

So yeah. This blows.
I had the same issue. I was in the middle of a road trip.
We were told the high voltage battery temperature sensor was bad.
Replaced the high voltage battery in 1 1/2 days.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Remember, you have roadside assistance, so no worries.

And, I have 6,700+ miles in two months of ownership that say you don't need to be alarmed.

plankeye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, but tell that to the wife who's used to Toyota and Honda reliability. :eek:. She'd be none too happy to be stuck in the middle of Arkansas (no SC's) with a dead car waiting for a tow truck and no idea what to do after that.

Daverino

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picked ours up three days ago. My wife just called: After maybe 170 miles total, the car won't start. Tried rebooting, etc; even had her IT manager try to figure it out. Now she's having it towed to the dealer in Rocklin, CA, who will also loan her a Model S. This car is replacing a bullet-proof 13-year-old Prius, so right now, we aren't happy campers.