Welcome...J.A.R.V.I.S.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This past weekend I finally decided to take off the aero covers after seeing @sfbayarearealtor on Sunday in a Turo rented white 3 with them off. It looked really sharp. Figured it was time. Here is the result. I'm diggin' it.

Then yesterday, I dropped J.A.R.V.I.S. off at OCDetailing in Fremont for PPF and window tint. This picture was actually taken in their lot so it's technically my 'before' tint picture. Can't say enough good things about Joe. Asked him about the paint issue and he said that Brooks Motor Sports in Fremont is a Tesla certified shop and the only one he would take his Tesla to (if he had one). Lo and behold, that is who Dublin Tesla uses. I told Joe about the dilemma of him doing all this work on JARVIS this weekend and then getting the door repainted in early June (remember that they do what they call a gloss-up (basically light) polish and one year ceramic on the whole car as a value-add service for no additional charge - the OCD in him can't have the front shiny and not the rest of the car). He said no problem, tell him who I am working with over there (he rattled off some names), tell them it has a coating from OCD and they will run the car over to him and he'll reapply the ceramic to the door no problem and they'll take it back. That's customer service right there. Assuming the car turns out as well as those in his videos and the ones I've seen in his shop, he has a customer for life.

P.S. Avengers: Infinity War opened this weekend. Assuming I'll get another dose of J.A.R.V.I.S.' namesake.

pre-tint-jpg.7905

Last edited:

KGTES

Country
Country
I already have several accessories for J.A.R.V.I.S. The Tesla sunshade, which I don't know if I even need. I am getting tint, though not on the sunroof or back window as it's already pretty dark. I purchased sun visor glasses clip and Wheel Bands from @EVANNEX which I have not installed yet. I also have the Tesla center caps and lug nut covers, but honestly, I'm kind of digging these aero wheels and I haven't even taken them off yet. Also part of the reason I haven't installed the wheel bands yet. I'll post again when I do that. Maybe tomorrow.

I will be getting ClearBra (SunTek) on the front bumper, full hood, front fenders, and 3M Crystalline side window tint (front 40/20 back) and front windshield (75%). I have not even done it yet (4/26), but the place I found to do it is awesome. Everyone here probably knows them because of their YouTube videos. OCDetailing is the place. Joe (the owner who does the videos) is great. He is the main reason I went with them, but also for virtually the same price as the other guys they
1. use full sheets of product, not the precut kits (not everyone does this)
2. always do paint correction first (everyone else wanted to charge extra - a lot)
3. include the headlights and mirrors (most places do the mirrors, but some only included the headlights if I did other stuff)
4. AND they do the rear splash areas (behind the tires down low)
5. AND the top of the rear bumper (to protect from bags and luggage)
6. AND they put a ceramic coating over the bra (it's the one year version, but nobody else even does that)
7. AND they do a light polish and light ceramic coating over the whole car ("we can't very well make the front all polished and shiny and not do something to the rest of the car")

Their customer service is outstanding. When I was there they had a full wrap (clear) X and Porsche GTS and several 3's. No lines. Couldn't even tell they were wrapped. And once you are a customer, there are other perks to keep you a happy customer for life. I'll let Joe tell you about them. I would suggest going down there to see Joe.

I have a very well known customizing shop less than a mile from me and I am driving 15 miles to OCDetailing. I'll let y'all know how the experience is after it's done.

@MGallo
Would you mind PM'ing me the quote from OCDetailing. I am planning on doing Suntek PPF for the same coverage area as yours (full hood, front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, full front fenders).

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay guys, picked up J.A.R.V.I.S. from OCDetaling today after having PPF on the front end and window tinting done. The basics are SunTek PPF, 3M Crystalline 70 windshield/40 front/20 rear, no back window or overhead. See post #21 for the deets on all the extras they do. It looks great. There are still some air bubbles which need to settle down, and Joe said it will get even shinier once it dries completely. So, here are the pics.

KGTES

Country
Country
WOW! That looks awesome! Validates my decision to go with MCR!!
Add a chrome delete and it will be bad ass!
I need to save up for these mods, they are adding up fast....:eek:

Now, if I can only get my damn VIN...:mad:, it's been over 3 weeks since I configured..!

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I stopped by the shop at is going to repair the paint flaw on the door. Joe at OCD recommended them and it turns out it's who Tesla uses. This location only does Teslas, which is encouraging. Their lobby and shop are very nice (they gave me a tour). Their website shows their swanky lobby. Not your typical dirty body shop office. www.brooksmotorcars.com in Fremont.

So everyone else probably already knew this, but I didn't. I found out that the reason it is multi-coat is that after they lay down the base coat of red, they add a layer of pearl, then the top coat. They assured me that they do several things to make it match the original color and texture. They also told me that the red is the same across all the lines. The paint code on the door is even the same. Tony had me convinced. We'll see in about a month.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Posting my full original signature for posterity sake before editing it down to a couple lines per mod request.

Model3Tracker | United States: Regular (Store before unveil): MODEL 3 LRB | RWD | | Red | 18 Aero | PUP | EAP

J.A.R.V.I.S.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/welcome-j-a-r-v-i-s.6549/

Multi-Coat RED
Long Range Battery (LR), Premium Upgrade Package (PUP), Enhanced AutoPilot Package (EAP)
18" Aero Wheels (covers coming off immediately)

Reserved 2x on 3/31/2016 2~10:44AM PST. #104 in line at 6:00AM @Dublin, CA location

Invite email received 2/28/18 9:06PM PST
Configured 3/1/2018 6:36PM PST
Deferred reservation #2 for AWD PL LRB SAS PUP EAP (hey, a guy can dream!)
First contact from Tesla ISA: 3/2/2018 9:36AM PST
Born on 3/28/18 (manufacture date)
VIN 10456 Assigned 3/28/18 (28 days from configure)
Delivered Saturday 4/7/18 (scheduled for 3:15PM PST - took a couple hours)
(original estimated delivery was 3-6 weeks - actual delivery 5 weeks, 2 days from configure).

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
J.A.R.V.I.S.' first Supercharge in scenic Napa Valley. Even saw a mobile service MS charging there. Chatted for a bit. He said all the electronics on the M3 are more advanced than the MS.

My hotel didn't have any chargers, but my coworkers were staying at the Springhill Suites which has 6 HPWC guests can use for free. They let me charge in lieu of my coworkers who didn't have an EV. I let it sit there overnight which was great.

Attachments

Last edited:

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Spent several hours washing J.A.R.V.I.S. this weekend, even cleaning inside the wheels. Can't believe I didn't take any pictures except this one in the garage.

Attachments

Last edited:

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had a weird thing happen in San Francisco last week. Going up a hill got an error saying regen braking disabled. Car needs service. I happened to be heading to the SF service center to pick up a wall charger so I had them check it out. Found out several things. 1. Regen braking doesn't work when the car is full because there is no place to store the energy (wasn't my problem because I was nearly empty). 2. The error went away after completing the drive cycle (park and maybe lock?). 3. Note the date/time it happens. 4. BIGGIE - You can/should press the voice control and say 'bug report' and it will automatically notify Telsa. That's pretty cool.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, J.A.R.V.I.S. had her first incident today.

My wife texted me today from Napa while visiting her father at the Vets home in Yountville...

No no no no no no. Oh my God. Why me why effing me. I should have known better than to bring his car where there's old people driving. So yeah, of course I'm driving when something happens to J.A.R.V.I.S. Luckily it wasn't worse because it could've been but still, it's wheel rash.

So I read all 208 posts in this thread (with mine being #209)
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-11#post-107087

From what my wife tells me, this was a sacrifice to avoid an actual crash with a blue hair. It's totally my fault too because just Sunday @sfbayrealtor was showing me his wheel rash and I was bragging about how I was being extra careful and hadn't done a thing to J.A.R.V.I.S. yet. Jinx!! I think this might be one of the worst pictures in that thread so I'll see what they say...

There is a second jink on my part. I actually have the @EVANNEX Wheel Bands in my trunk (and have since I took delivery on 4/7) and I even showed them to @sfbayrealtor on Sunday and then didn't install them yesterday.

Will post again when I get it fixed or replaced. Sounds like it's around $150 to fix and $200 to replace. Both reasonable.

Attachments

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

My wife texted me today from Napa while visiting her father at the Vets home in Yountville...

No no no no no no. Oh my God. Why me why effing me. I should have known better than to bring his car where there's old people driving. So yeah, of course I'm driving when something happens to J.A.R.V.I.S. Luckily it wasn't worse because it could've been but still, it's wheel rash.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/i-am-heartbroken-rim-damages-repairs.6258/page-11#post-107087

From what my wife tells me, this was a sacrifice to avoid an actual crash with a blue hair. It's totally my fault too because just Sunday @sfbayrealtor was showing me his wheel rash and I was bragging about how I was being extra careful and hadn't done a thing to J.A.R.V.I.S. yet. Jinx!! I think this might be one of the worst pictures in that thread so I'll see what they say...

There is a second jink on my part. I actually have the @EVANNEX Wheel Bands in my trunk (and have since I took delivery on 4/7) and I even showed them to @sfbayrealtor on Sunday and then didn't install them yesterday.

Will post again when I get it fixed or replaced. Sounds like it's around $150 to fix and $200 to replace. Both reasonable.
My goodness @MGallo! That is the biggest curb rash I've ever seen. :eek: Sorry it happened to you. By the way, what's a "blue hair"? Not familiar with the term.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Old ladies with blue hair. Prevalent in Florida.

Yeah, that was not a parking rash. She was on the move. At least it was still only on the rim. Worst case I spend $200 and get a new rim. That's what more reasonable than replacement rims for my last two cars. I have 17 year old 18" BMW rims in my garage that I am going to sell for $200-$250 each.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I just called my local SC and they gave me the name of the one wheel guy they use. He charges $150-$165 (of course mine is $165 because it goes almost all the way around the rim). A new wheel was confirmed by the SC to be only $200. Leaning that way for only $35 more and then just keep the other wheel for a spare should I need it.

UPDATE: I spoke to someone else at the SC and they said that yes, the wheel is $200, but there is also tax and labor to swap the tires and presumably the TPMS. Probably looking at around $350 by the time it's all said and done, so wheel repair it is! Nick Cortez is doing it at 4 PM today so J.A.R.V.I.S. will be whole again less than 24 hours after 'the incident'.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Sorry to hear that J.A.R.V.I.S. got rash from an old lady....:). I hope the repair works out. As serious as that looks I'm not sure wheel bands would of totally saved the day. Just glad it's something that can be fixed and not too costly.

Last edited by a moderator: