Web browser and webex

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Shadow LI

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey all. Sorry if this doesn’t fit here but would love to see the web browser support WebEx. Not sure if anyone is working on that or anyone has any insight but anytime I try to logon to WebEx on the Tesla browser it tells me the browser is not supported. Thoughts?

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like webex requires java to function.

Webex Meetings Suite System Requirements
I saw that too, and started to reply with that, then realized maybe it was for their desktop (non-browser) product. TBH, I know nothing about WebEx.

TBH, I have zero faith in anything that requires Java to run in a desktop environment.

Last edited:

AutopilotFan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sucks. Work in the road quite a bit. Would be a game changer.
I had very good luck taking meetings in the car with my phone called in for audio, a hotspot going, and my regular work laptop. My laptop will charge over USB so the battery was draining only slowly while showing the meeting room. If I parked in a place with good wifi, I'd use that, or make sure to find such a place if I ever had to present.

Of course I will not admit to having any personal experience that this setup will work when the car is in motion. :)

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not that it's related to webex, but Google Hangouts is getting tantalizingly close to working. It's been slowly letting me get further along. Now it successfully joins the meeting, and I can see the other participants in the meeting, but it quickly grays that out and puts up a dialog error message saying something to the effect that it can't access my microphone and camera and it tells me to fix that. However, after a few seconds, the dialog comes down and I'm in like Flynn!

This tells me that it actually detects that it HAS a microphone and a camera--it's just that the browser is not set to allow access to them. It would be fantastic if the browser could just access my mic as this would avoid having to fiddle around with getting my phone to connect to the meeting (I've not been successful getting the in-meeting audio controls to call my phone, but this is mainly due to the fact that the on-screen keyboard covers up a part of the screen I need to see--I need to play around with it a bit more).

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the intention of making it difficult was not to let people videoconference while driving. Because that's a terrifying idea.

JeopardE

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
WebEx has a web app that I've used successfully to join WebEx meetings in the car ever since they upgraded the browser to Chromium. It's quite awesome actually. Just click the "join by browser" link.

Yes, no webcam support, but who needs that? :)