Water Stains in Central Brake Light

zztops

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup. I think I'll be ok if I can just get all those pieces out then replace with a single (10") piece of foam seal. I really do NOT want to take apart the interior to fix this.
I first hand know how much of a PITA it is to remove that rear deck.

Quick fix could possibly be to to put a thick layer of foam on the under side of the rear deck where the opening in the trunk is. So it slightly lifts up the deck and closes that gap. Id recommend maybe a 1-1.5" thick piece of foam and wedge it in there tight. so it doesn't move.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I attempted this tonight. Wow. What a terribly complex and stressful thing to have to do just to get to that area. I hate whoever designed that. Anyways, I got that shelf piece pulled back just far enough to stick some cloth and Allen wrench through the circle openings from the trunk area. You gain access to this area by taking off the plastic piece held in by 2 pins in the trunk. Took a long ass time to get it mostly rubbed down and then I took some q-tips and bent them slightly to get other areas of the glass. My god. All because the tint guys couldn’t clean up after themselves. Ridiculous. And reassembling everything was a major [removed]. The top left c pillar thing was SUPER hard for me to get it clipped back in. If I ever need to do that again I’m just going to sell the car. That was an absolute nightmare. 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And for anyone that is looking to “reseal” the light due to pieces breaking off, I would recommend just getting a long foam strip with adhesive on one side, and run it across the entire back piece. No need IMO to get it precisely around the light housing. Cut it to the correct length, and simply shove it down just out of eyesight. Then peel off the tape and you should be good. It will get rid of the light coming into cabin and keep debris out of the light housing.