Water Stains in Central Brake Light

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think thy said the “rear C pillar” when doing the back window? But I assume it could have maybe been the inside of the door too if they popped that off?

Regardless, it had to be from the inside of one of the doors or the pillar, could one single clip missing from my vehicle cause any legit issues? I’ve driven it for a few days and don’t hear and noises coming from anywhere, which was my only guess for what could have happened.

Should I ask service to look around or is it probably nothing and I should just stop worrying about it? Just don’t want it to cause any legit issues.
Probably nothing to worry about if there are no raffles. Those pillar covers have to come off for this process so you can check then.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That looks like one of the clips that holds the Trim on the various pillars. I saw the inside of my A-pillars and headliner and they had those in white. So I be it is from the C-Pillar

ghsnick!

Country
Country
That looks like one of the clips that holds the Trim on the various pillars. I saw the inside of my A-pillars and headliner and they had those in white. So I be it is from the C-Pillar
That sounds right. Is it from the part of the C pillar you actually remove? Or the part of the car where the C pillar connects?

If you remember, that would be great...I might pop them off and take a look. Just want to make sure I’m looking at the right part.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That sounds right. Is it from the part of the C pillar you actually remove? Or the part of the car where the C pillar connects?

If you remember, that would be great...I might pop them off and take a look. Just want to make sure I’m looking at the right part.
I do not think there are any clips that attach to the car. They attach to the trim and then connect to the car... if that makes sense.

ghsnick!

Country
Country
I do not think there are any clips that attach to the car. They attach to the trim and then connect to the car... if that makes sense.
Thanks!

Do you happen to have or know where I can find pictures of the C Pillar to see where it may have come from?

Here’s a picture of the inside of mine...I wonder where it would go?

Attachments

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks!

Do you happen to have or know where I can find pictures of the C Pillar to see where it may have come from?

Here’s a picture of the inside of mine...I wonder where it would go?
You can see where it’s missing, instantly, I think. That post that’s coming out from the right should have one slid in.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

They would attach to the C pillar trim similar to how they attach to the headliner. Then push into the car.

668CB545-C84E-466E-B23A-8DB33942D67B.png

ghsnick!

Country
Country
What a nightmare. I went to fix it today and effed it up.

I had water from my tint in the back center brake area.

I took it to the service center to get it fixed. After they “fixed” it I noticed this rubber piece sticking up. And now there’s a piece of rubber in the back.

How do I get this fixed? Could a mobile rep do it or do I need to go back to the service center.

Attachments

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So for those who have tried — how difficult is this and do you think it’s worth it?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What a nightmare. I went to fix it today and effed it up.

I had water from my tint in the back center brake area.

I took it to the service center to get it fixed. After they “fixed” it I noticed this rubber piece sticking up. And now there’s a piece of rubber in the back.

How do I get this fixed? Could a mobile rep do it or do I need to go back to the service center.
If Tesla did that, they should fix it. Mobile should be able to do it.

ghsnick!

Country
Country
I would not say it’s difficult, but it takes patience. The water stain bothered me so I thought it was worth it, personally.
Can you explain how to get back there again?

Because I busted the side piece. The service center said it was like $350 (before labor) to get a new piece. They said they could still use my piece so that’s the option I chose.

It appears they didn’t remove it or slide it out because I see the big rubber seal now...and there’s a rubber chunk piece showing in the light...so I think they tried shoving something back there to “scratch” off the water and ended up introducing new debris.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Because I busted the side piece. The service center said it was like $350 (before labor) to get a new piece. They said they could still use my piece so that’s the option I chose.
What side piece?
It appears they didn’t remove it or slide it out because I see the big rubber seal now...and there’s a rubber chunk piece showing in the light...so I think they tried shoving something back there to “scratch” off the water and ended up introducing new debris.
This was the initial approach I took too but it messes up that seal. Removing that shelf cover is necessary.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would not say it’s difficult, but it takes patience. The water stain bothered me so I thought it was worth it, personally.
Ok I need to dig it and review the steps and get this done! Thanks!!