Water gets into door jams?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

teslafan9

Country
Country
I think I've seen other people complain about this but it seems that on all 4 doors, during rain, water gets into the door jams because it's open. There is no rubber seal at the edge of the door. It's further in which means water doesn't actually enter the car but does enter the space between the edge of the door and where the desk is. That water then dries there. Has anyone added a small lip of just flexible runbet seal at the edge of the doors? I imagine this would be pretty easy but would it create any issues?

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty much all cars are like this.

If you put another seal on the outside of the door and water did get in it'd have nowhere to go so you'd get mold. Just use spray detailer when you wash the car and remember to dry the door outside of where it meets the seal.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm finding this issue a lot more prevalent in the model 3 than other cars.
Do you think you are just paying more attention with this car? I know I am. I clean it more often and clean the door jams every time I wash the car, rather than once a year (maybe) like I used to.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You definitely want to run a towel in the rubber door seal while washing the car. Id say thats one of the only things I dont like about the car.