Washed car and found 2 issues

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Dano9258

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Washed my car for the 3rd time today and found two issues.

1) on the driver front fender, the chrome peice that covers the side camera came partially off and bent when using a sponge over it. Won't stay on now fully. Hoping Tesla will replace that for free as that's a bunch of crap that it comes off just by going over it with a sponge for washing....

2) on the top glass there seems to be an unknown issue with the glass. It's not bad enough to need replacement but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Washed my car for the 3rd time today and found two issues.

1) on the driver front fender, the chrome peice that covers the side camera came partially off and bent when using a sponge over it. Won't stay on now fully. Hoping Tesla will replace that for free as that's a bunch of crap that it comes off just by going over it with a sponge for washing....

2) on the top glass there seems to be an unknown issue with the glass. It's not bad enough to need replacement but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it.
On #1 the piece appears bent at the far right. Is that just a camera trick?

On #2 I see 2 issues. Not only does it seem funky with how it’s seemed together but it’s also not aligned with the piece to the left at all.

Worth calling Tesla on both for sure.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
On #1 the piece appears bent at the far right. Is that just a camera trick?
Emphasis mine, he said it was bent in the original post.
1) on the driver front fender, the chrome peice that covers the side camera came partially off and bent when using a sponge over it.

Dano9258

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes it came up when the sponge went over it and bent it. As for the glass, I'm not too worried about the misalignment, but rather the chip look. There isn't any water leakage that I know about

changsteer

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yours is the third one that I've seen with this misalignment. Both mine and my friend's show the front roof glass is aligned to the driver side with the rear roof glass. It certainly looks like to me that the front and rear pieces don't have the exact same width.

Dano9258

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yours is the third one that I've seen with this misalignment. Both mine and my friend's show the front roof glass is aligned to the driver side with the rear roof glass. It certainly looks like to me that the front and rear pieces don't have the exact same width.
The misalignment doesn't really bother me if it doesn't leak. It's the chip or crack or whatever that is that is forming on the edge.