Was the Semi Truck/Roadster 2.0 event a welcome distraction?

Was the Semi Truck/Roadster 2.0 a welcome distraction?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There was no mention of the Model 3 at the event.
With over 400k people waiting for their vehicle to be delivered, many people that I know have found that to be very odd.

So my question to all of you...
"Was the Semi Truck/Roadster 2.0 Event a welcome distraction?"
Yes or No

Last edited:

AugustaDriver

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As a company I believe Tesla is always looking forward and that’s good.
That being said, after watching the semi/roadster event I thought, “Mr. Musk, I am suitably impressed at your ability to manage multiple projects which are at the same time, both mind blowing and hopefully setting us on the path to save us from ourselves, but please, please, please, open the Model 3 configurator so I can stop checking My Tesla page every day.” (Admittedly sometimes more than once a day).

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it would have been a distraction to the Semi/Roadster event to also talk about any progress with the Model 3. The best way to instill confidence in reservation holders and investors is to actually show that production and deliveries are ramping up (not just talk about it). The sightings in the past week of multiple cars on transport trucks and in various parking lots help in that regard. What will really help is the opening up of the configurator to general reservation holders. Even if I don't personally get the invitation yet, just knowing that some "civilians" are getting to the next step will demonstrate that we are moving forward and that it's not an extended delay.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There was no mention of the Model 3 at the event.
With over 400k people waiting for their vehicle to be delivered, many people that I know have found that to be very odd.

So my question to all of you...
"Was the Semi Truck/Roadster 2.0 Event a welcome distraction?"
Yes or No
My thought ... there is no need for another event having anything to do with Model 3. Events need only to address future products on the roadmap.

The only need for Model 3 is mass production and the configurator to open to non-employees.

As for me — the event instilled further confidence (not that I needed more) that this is the company that I want to buy from and be involved with.

It made me excited while simultaneously making my wait feel longer :)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Here's my take on the Semi/Roadster event.

1) Good PR

2) Need to do it at some point (particularly for Semi; Roadster could have waited)
... but above all

3) An easy, no-short-term-risk, no-dilution cash raise. "Hey everyone! Start throwing cash at us in units of $50k and $250k!" ;) A couple hundred million dollars extends the time they can stay afloat while working to get Model 3 not just in full production, but turning healthy margins that can fund their other projects (including Semi and Roadster)

Last edited:

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's my take on the Semi/Roadster event.

1) Good PR

2) Need to do it at some point (particularly for Semi; Roadster could have waited)
... but above all

3) An easy, no-short-term-risk, no-dilution cash raise. "Hey everyone! Start throwing cash at us in units of $50k and $250k!" ;) A couple hundred million dollars extends the time they can stay afloat while working to get Model 3 not just in full production, but turning healthy margins that can fund their other projects (including Semi and Roadster)
Per their last quarterly report, Tesla had 3.5 Billion cash on hand. Even at full Q3 burn, which was one of their highest ever, thats enough to last well into next year. The roadster deposits are more about long term build planning than anything else. If they wanted to raise more cash, they would have set the deposit a lot lower (say, 10k) and more people would put down...but I think they'd have fewer completed sales. At 50k....only people who deposit are people who will buy.

People should remember there's one company that wants Model 3's out the door faster than anyone: Tesla. Tesla's frequent "go to market" has been about getting the factory and company to be able to mass produce Model 3's to meet the demand and building out the charging infrastructure to do so.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
24 hours ago I would have said yes the Semi event was a (good) distraction to take our minds off the Model 3 (but ok yeah any news on that?).

But waking up this morning to the news that the configurator was opening up for everyone, I'd say it was a master stroke of timing on Tesla's part . Just look at this series of events:

Thursday: Semi launch/Roadster surprise reveal
Friday-Sunday: Everyone's going bonkers over the two vehicles
Monday: People start calming down and turning attention back to Model 3
Tuesday: Oh hey guys... Model 3 configurator is open!

After weeks of the negative press about the delays, seems like these past few days have been so uplifting to us fans and supporters.