Warning: San Diego Tint & PPF Shop

Mjp462

Country
Country
I need to warn everyone about the worst shop in San Diego. The shop is located in Vista and is called California Wraps.

The owner quoted me $900 for Suntek tint to do the windshield, sun roof and all sides. And $1,600 for the front end Suntek clear bra; front bumper, hood, side mirrors and both front fenders.

The final product was super sloppy. Looks like they didn't even wash the car before applying the PPF. He put a small scratch in my front bumper and told me it was just a water bubble that will go away. The tint looks pretty terrible considering the price I paid. There are tint creases in the windshield and sun roof. The 22 year old owner was dishonest with me and has probably been in business for 6 months. I made a HUGE mistake trusting this amateur with my brand-new Telsa. I just want to warn others in San Diego as there are plenty of shops with great reputations that will not rip you off.

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the heads up. I live in San Marcos and was going to reach out to them for pricing since they have a good rating on Yelp. Did you take pictures and post a review on Yelp?

Rhaekar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to hear that. Are they going to fix the tint at all?

If you're looking for a good shop I got my tint done at Monumental Workx. I'm planning on going back for a chrome delete and maybe tinting the windshield.

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm getting my Model 3 this week so I'm going to reach out to Monumental to see if they will give me the Group Buy price still for the front clear bra and tint. Also want to get the chrome delete as well.

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I need to warn everyone about the worst shop in San Diego. The shop is located in Vista and is called California Wraps.

The owner quoted me $900 for Suntek tint to do the windshield, sun roof and all sides. And $1,600 for the front end Suntek clear bra; front bumper, hood, side mirrors and both front fenders.

The final product was super sloppy. Looks like they didn't even wash the car before applying the PPF. He put a small scratch in my front bumper and told me it was just a water bubble that will go away. The tint looks pretty terrible considering the price I paid. There are tint creases in the windshield and sun roof. The 22 year old owner was dishonest with me and has probably been in business for 6 months. I made a HUGE mistake trusting this amateur with my brand-new Telsa. I just want to warn others in San Diego as there are plenty of shops with great reputations that will not rip you off.
Sorry to hear...

You should definitely post up photos on here, as well as do a Yelp review.

Unfortunately, you learned one of the most common lessons when it comes to PPF, vinyl, tint, etc.: you get what you pay for. To do it properly requires a lot of labor, so when these random shops charge low prices, they're cutting corners somewhere or devaluing themselves (which typically also leads to cutting corners).

Mjp462

Country
Country
Thanks for the heads up. I live in San Marcos and was going to reach out to them for pricing since they have a good rating on Yelp. Did you take pictures and post a review on Yelp?
I did post on Yelp. I didn't post pics. I really wanted to give a great review, but whole experience was so terrible. I need to warn others. Hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I went to modern image or monumental. I just want others to learn from my mistake.

Mjp462

Country
Country
Sorry to hear that. Are they going to fix the tint at all?

If you're looking for a good shop I got my tint done at Monumental Workx. I'm planning on going back for a chrome delete and maybe tinting the windshield.
I'm not even going to ask them to fix the tiny. Remove and reinstall it.
I don't want these guys near my Model 3. I made a mistake and it's on me. Trusting these bozos in my Model 3 is not an option. California Wraps is the worst!

Mjp462

Country
Country
Sorry to hear...

You should definitely post up photos on here, as well as do a Yelp review.

Unfortunately, you learned one of the most common lessons when it comes to PPF, vinyl, tint, etc.: you get what you pay for. To do it properly requires a lot of labor, so when these random shops charge low prices, they're cutting corners somewhere or devaluing themselves (which typically also leads to cutting corners).
I learned a huge lesson but could have had this done (at a good shop) for around the same price. California Wraps did not give me a great price. I'm a huge believer of you get what you paid for. But I paid a lot and got a terrible final product and don't want others to get screwed.

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I learned a huge lesson but could have had this done (at a good shop) for around the same price. California Wraps did not give me a great price. I'm a huge believer of you get what you paid for. But I paid a lot and got a terrible final product and don't want others to get screwed.
Did you pay via credit card? If so, you can file a chargeback with them for "services not performed."

Mjp462

Country
Country
Did you pay via credit card? If so, you can file a chargeback with them for "services not performed."
I paid cash. I'm really angry with myself for choosing this company. Life goes on. I've moved on, really. Just don't want anyone else to be in my spot.