WANTED - Model 3 Delivery Before Year End

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Selling or promoting products is NOT permitted on TOO. Please contact us for advertising or sponsorship rates.
    No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer unless prior approval is opbtained by the admin.
    ALL ADS MUST INCLUDE A PRICE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
Country
Hi Model 3 OC friends,
I'm seeking a Christmas miracle. I'm hoping to take delivery on a Model 3 before year's end. Does anyone have a reservation/delivery they'd be willing to transfer to me? I'd be happy to offer some cash and a swap for a delivery early next year. I was a line-stander on March 31st and my delivery estimate is in Jan-Feb.

My issue is I need to take delivery in 2017 in order to utilize the Federal Tax Credit. Next year, I won't have any taxable income because I'm starting a business and thus would not be able to take the credit.

Please let me know if you can help. Thank you! I'm in the SF Bay Area, near Fremont.
Thanks so much everyone, I realize it's a crazy long shot to ask this but thought I'd put it out there!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not to burst your bubble, but technically speaking reservations are not transferable. Also anyone taking delivery by next week has already configured their car.

I wish you luck of course, but I can’t see anyone stepping up to the plate on this.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Model 3 OC friends,
I'm seeking a Christmas miracle. I'm hoping to take delivery on a Model 3 before year's end. Does anyone have a reservation/delivery they'd be willing to transfer to me? I'd be happy to offer some cash and a swap for a delivery early next year. I was a line-stander on March 31st and my delivery estimate is in Jan-Feb.

My issue is I need to take delivery in 2017 in order to utilize the Federal Tax Credit. Next year, I won't have any taxable income because I'm starting a business and thus would not be able to take the credit.

Please let me know if you can help. Thank you! I'm in the SF Bay Area, near Fremont.
Thanks so much everyone, I realize it's a crazy long shot to ask this but thought I'd put it out there!
At this point you only have 3 full days to make it happen, while that is HIGHLY unlikely you should take a look at Craigslist San Francisco Bay area where there are many people trying to sell their reservations. Good luck and please do report back with your results

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At this point you only have 3 full days to make it happen, while that is HIGHLY unlikely you should take a look at Craigslist San Francisco Bay area where there are many people trying to sell their reservations. Good luck and please do report back with your results
Those individuals are looking for and likely to get big profits so the $7,500 credit becomes moot if they’ll look for $20-50k over MSRP.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Model 3 OC friends,

did you seriously think someone would turn up saying "oh, here. You can have my spot for delivery this week"?
not to sound snarky, but really?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh, here.....you can have my delivery spot for next week. I bought the one off of eBay for $120,000. I'm only asking $120,000 over that price which seems reasonable to me. Oh, and by the way the tax credit won't work now............I'm sorry......was that too snarky???.....LOL:D

I know, I know.....I'm a smart ass.......but I always say at least it's better than being a dumb ass!

Kbm3

Country
Country
Hi Model 3 OC friends,

If you have an IRA, you can create tax liability by transferring some of it to a Roth IRA.

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Or if/when they start leasing, you can get some or most of the tax credit that way (whatever amount they decide to include in the lease deal)...

Status
Not open for further replies.