Want to change my order...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a blue p3d on 6/28. I want to change to white interior. Will i lose lifetime connectivity? His far do you think I'll get pushed back in queue?

Thanks

Dean

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a blue p3d on 6/28. I want to change to white interior. Will i lose lifetime connectivity? His far do you think I'll get pushed back in queue?
None of us can say for sure what will happen.

Yes, you'll probably lose the lifetime connectivity. I suggest calling Tesla and see what they say.

As for getting pushed back in the queue.... If you're ordering a Performance, I think you'll be ok. It looks like Tesla is going to really start pumping those out like crazy in the next few weeks, judging by how many dual-motor VINs they're reserving. So, you might get pushed back a few days. Maybe a few hours. ;)

Russell

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You won’t lose the connectivity package as they have the original order date in their system. This was confirmed by calling tesla. As for your place in line, very hard to say as they have not started customer deliveries of these yet.

theyanman

Country
Country
Don't forget per your order agreement that you'll probably have to pay $500 to adjust your configuration after you've ordered.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Here is the trick I learned from the Tesla rep after 90 minutes on the phone. Go in and do your manage section in your Tesla account. If you have an edit button you can use that. If you don’t, Go to the trade in section and push the other button. Now the edit button will appear and you can edit your profile. Don’t forget to change your trade in sitting back.

calvan

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Called Tesla yesterday as I am considering switching from AWD to base pertinence. Sales advisor told me no loss of free connectivity if original order date precedes 7/1 and that changedin order can affect delivery time either way and no way to predict it. He told me my delivery might actually move up by switching to performance.

calvan

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
What about changing colours? Any way of knowing if that will change delivery window?
Not sure. My guess is if they’re still batching by color this is a loaded question and no way to predict outcome. I guess if you’ve seen a lot of a certain spec and color delivered recently don’t pick that one or might have to wait until they come back around to said color.