Wall Street Journal review of AWD-P

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just read it, thanks for posting. Love the fact he was so positive about the car but I was really hoping for some more detail on how the car felt to drive. Dan is a very respected auto journalist and I'm sure this will catch the attention of many people. Can't wait to hear from more journalist who get to drive the beast and see what their overall driving impression is after they get done talking about panel gaps.....really.....enough already......WE KNOW!!!!!

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla can use any good press they can get given the onslaught of people trying to undermine their stock prices. So even if this reviewer doesn't say anything new, he's a respectable guy who just gave the nod to Model 3 P.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla can use any good press they can get given the onslaught of people trying to undermine their stock prices. So even if this reviewer doesn't say anything new, he's a respectable guy who just gave the nod to Model 3 P.
Dan is simply telling the truth about how good the car is. That's what journalists are supposed to do: tell the truth.

It would be nice if more did their jobs properly, though many do.

I do believe he got the power wrong:

In the Performance version, two motors north and south equal 335 kW (450 hp)
actually 147 + 211 kW = 358 kW (480 hp), reference: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD Performance

I emailed Dan and the WSJ corrections email address about it.

Last edited: