Wall charging unit installation

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My fingers are crossed for a May delivery :) since I configured it on 4/15. Would be really bummed if I got it on 6/1 or 6/2 LOL. coincidentally @oey192 and I configured the exact same car (color, options) on the same date :).
@MelindaV - BTW thanks you have super informative posts and very resourceful! I just saw your post that had the 7800 split breakdown by car model. Thanks

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My fingers are crossed for a May delivery :) since I configured it on 4/15. Would be really bummed if I got it on 6/1 or 6/2 LOL
maybe it's just me rationalizing with myself, but at this point (not yet being invited), I kinda think it's better that I don't have to worry if I will get a car delivered by the end of the month or stressing over it missing by just a day or week. ok, yeah - that is totally rationalizing. $3200 is totally worth the stress of worrying about it. lol.

but really, 6 months or more ago I already told myself IF the exemption was still alive when I was able to configure, I would purchase FSD. If it wasn't, I'd skip FSD. so I've been rationalizing with myself for a while ;) Now, if FSD is activated this summer, I will be super pissed, but I think we all know the chance of that happening is less than me getting an invite today and car delivered before the end of the month.
I'd just be happy to get the car in July and not have to renew my current car's tags that are due in July.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm.. On the WA Dept of Revenue website it mentions 5/31/18.

" The sales and use tax exemption for clean alternative fuel, electric, and plug-in hybrid vehicles expires June 1, 2018, and the last day to use this exemption is May 31, 2018. What this means is that you must take delivery of the vehicle by May 31, 2018 to claim the exemption."

@Bambam14 - which electrician are you going with? Can you please provide their contact details? Are they charging $480? I'm planning to finalize that this weekend. Thanks
@Seattle_guy , it is Trinity Electric. They are great! Jeff really knows his stuff and is actually going to change out some large circuit breakers with smaller ones so the 50amp one will fit. Their number is 360-668-500 Tell him I sent you his way.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my wall connector installed this morning by Jason Lerner from EV Support (a part of Puget sound Solar). I would definitely recommend him. Extremely professinal, showed up on time and courteous. You can contact him via EV support. He installed it on a 60amp circuit breaker. I've got the city permit inspection scheduled for early June.

Thanks @M3MD for the recommendation!!

d208a418-9858-4990-990e-1438c60f8f82-jpeg.8919

All I need is the car :) LOL. May 30th....

Cheers...

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
20180810_110122-jpg.12961
HPWC installled......

Ran into an issue as I was planning on having 14-50 installation and adding a plug to HPWC. But since I ran 4 wire the electrician said we cant put a plug to charger.... so we ended up hard wiring to the HPWC.

Glad it's working expecting car next week and test it....

Would have been helpful that 2 wire is all that's required for the HPWC.. not enough research on my part and the electrician was new to TESLA.... all in $500

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@garsh Yes that is correct......

The idea was since it's not my permanent house I want it to be easy to move....

Also should the HPWC go bad I can use the charger that comes with the car and plug to a 14-50 outlet....

But having 14-50 outlet and having a plug to connect to HPWC is a no-no according to my electrician but some people seem to have it done somehow.....
Since I wanted to install the charger today. I went ahead with hard wire....

Only downside is though I'm hard wired I have only 50A breaker because of the 14-50 outlet.... I may upgrade to a 60A Down the line to take advantage....

So if anyone is planning on buying a 14-50 plug and have it wired to the HPWC instead of hard wiring it like it supposed to may wanna think twice at least here in Michigan..