Wall chargers and EV charging socket?

Do all EVs put their charging socket on the same side of the car? I'm looking at pre-installing a wall charger and have an excellent position to put it (out of view) at the front of my house. So do I purchase the 2.5m of 7.5m? Rear left of a Tesla, 2.5 will be fine, rear right would require 7.5. Will Tesla stick to a similar side and position on each of their models?
Lots of questions, look forward to your thoughts and answers?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope.

Nissan LEAF and KIA Soul are in the front bumper area. VW eGolf and BMW i3 is on the rear right side. Teslas are all on the left side taillight housing (including Model 3).

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And many of the plug-in hybrids have it on the left front fender.

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hi Polly, I reached out to Walter Franck (Senior Program Manager, Charging Installation) and he verified that the charging port on the car will be in the same place as the Model S/X, rear driver side of the vehicle.

Thanks for your answers so far. For those that have a home charger installed, do you all have the Tesla Wall Charger or another brand. Does the TWC only work with Tesla EV or other models?

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Thanks for your answers so far. For those that have a home charger installed, do you all have the Tesla Wall Charger or another brand. Does the TWC only work with Tesla EV or other models?
The Tesla Wall Charger will only work with the Tesla EV. However, the J1772 chargers like ChargePoint and JuiceBox can be used for most EV's including Tesla if you have the J1772 adapter sold by Tesla.

O wait you're from the UK, I think they have different chargers?

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I have the Juicebox pro, so I will use a J1772 to Tesla adapter ( which I'll buy an extra one and leave it connected at home). Trev did I video about the different chargers that you'd be interested in. In Europe they have the Mennekes plug. I think it will work with Tesla's and other EVs.

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I have the Juicebox pro, so I will use a J1772 to Tesla adapter ( which I'll buy an extra one and leave it connected at home). Trev did I video about the different chargers that you'd be interested in. In Europe they have the Mennekes plug. I think it will work with Tesla's and other EVs.

Is that a LEGO set behind him?