Walk Up Unlock - ummmm...where is that feature?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

harrison987

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So...I have seen screens shots and videos, clearly showing this in the main "Locks" menu. However, that feature is missing on mine. I have the Walk Away Lock option...but nothing that allows me to choose to lock when I walk up to the car.

Was that feature removed?

For now, the only way for me to unlock the car, is to pull the handle...at which point the door opens and mirrors unfold.

Or is that what walk-up unlock is?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You must now pull the handle. At one time early on it was as you approached the car, but it caused too many problems with cars in garages, etc. If you were out around your car but not even getting in it, then the car would constantly lock and unlock just because you were in the vicinity. It's been changed.