Waiting for VIN!

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Howdy folks.

I'm a day one reservation-er, got an email in February saying status had changed but the email said late 2018 so I didn't check. Come April and we had an employee visiting from Europe, so we started talking about electric cars and I showed him my reservation. And when I clicked "Manage", it said "Configure"! But I really wanted dual motors so I held out.

Until June 1st when it was clear I wouldn't be able to get the car until October or November, so I configured and now waiting another 1-4 weeks!

One curious thing: I didn't configure with autopilot and last week Tesla called and said they'd like to have me come in for an autopilot demo. So maybe they're trying to sell me on it? That additional $5k isn't something I feel comfortable with right now (one reason I bailed on dual motors) but it's something I can always add on later, like say next year.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, so Saturday I drove a Model X P100D for the autopilot demo. To say "impressive" is an understatement. The car is solid, handles well, and (of course) accelerates like a demon. What really got my attention was the silence; I heard nothing from the motors, just wind and tire noise. The lady was regularly saying "your Model 3 is just like this; your Model 3 is just like that".

Autopilot works, although they've made it more demanding. If you take your hands off the wheel for too long it'll punish you and turn it off for the remainder of your drive. It's a learning curve on how much to grip the wheel while it's on also; I was holding too tight and it would turn off as it tried to steer.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's been about three weeks have you got a firm delivery date yet?
Not yet, but the edit design link only disappeared yesterday. Was talking with a guy who has a blue TM3 and he said I should expect a call today, cause that's what happened with him.