Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Lets suppose the new tax code does not pass. Tesla will reach 200k cars sometime in the first quarter 2018. If your car is the 200,000th car, are you willing to wait on delivery until the start of following quarter so an extra quarter worth of buyers can get their incentives?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Lets suppose the new tax code does not pass. Tesla will reach 200k cars sometime in the first quarter 2018. If your car is the 199,999th car, are you willing to wait on delivery until the start of following quarter so an extra quarter worth of buyers can get their incentives?
Here is my best answer that doesn’t fit the poll.

I want my car as fast as possible. I want as many people to get the credit as possible.

I will let Tesla handle that though. Once my car is ready I’m taking it. The primary reason is that I don’t want it sitting around getting poked and prodded.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is my best answer that doesn’t fit the poll.

I want my car as fast as possible. I want as many people to get the credit as possible.

I will let Tesla handle that though. Once my car is ready I’m taking it. The primary reason is that I don’t want it sitting around getting poked and prodded.

Your answer would be choice #1. If you make that choice, then your car will not be sitting around until the next quarter and will be deliver to you to enjoy, but a full quarter of cars (two quarters out) will not get the full incentives.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your answer would be choice #1. If you make that choice, then your car will not be sitting around until the next quarter, but a full quarter of cars will not get the full incentives.
Then I am a bad man that casted a vote for #1

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I reserved April 1, 2016 and got a window of Feb-Apr. Since then my wife and I bought a Model S, which we were told would bump our Model 3 window up but it didn't. (I was expecting Nov-Jan, or Dec-Feb) I was told not to worry about it and not to put too much stock in that online window... but... now it's been bumped to Mar-May online (the 1 month bump as everyone else has experienced). I would think if they were going in to mass update reservations, they would also FIX them at that time. I can't get a straight answer from Tesla and am having a hard time believing they keep this online site SEPARATE from some "real" delivery window list that has us listed as owners now. I've veered way off topic on this rant of mine but there is a point to it I'll get to now: I will gladly wait the full 89 days... because it looks like I'm going to have to anyways!!!!! :oops:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I reserved April 1, 2016 and got a window of Feb-Apr. Since then my wife and I bought a Model S, which we were told would bump our Model 3 window up but it didn't. (I was expecting Nov-Jan, or Dec-Feb) I was told not to worry about it and not to put too much stock in that online window... but... now it's been bumped to Mar-May online (the 1 month bump as everyone else has experienced). I would think if they were going in to mass update reservations, they would also FIX them at that time. I can't get a straight answer from Tesla and am having a hard time believing they keep this online site SEPARATE from some "real" delivery window list that has us listed as owners now. I've veered way off topic on this rant of mine but there is a point to it I'll get to now: I will gladly wait the full 89 days... because it looks like I'm going to have to anyways!!!!! :oops:
how recently did you purchase the S? Tesla has been pretty vague on what constitutes an existing owner and when/if there is a cutoff to take advantage of moving up a Model 3 reservation.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
how recently did you purchase the S? Tesla has been pretty vague on what constitutes an existing owner and when/if there is a cutoff to take advantage of moving up a Model 3 reservation.
Agreed. A solid definition released by Tesla themselves on the points you brought up would be more than welcome.

My wife and I picked up her car the last day of September, so about a month ago.

Side note: we love it, and I love that she has an all wheel drive, 5* crash rating car driving her around :)

Ok, sorry for the thread hijacking... back to SELFISH vs HERO poll!!:p

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Luckily, this decision is actually in Tesla's hands, and not up to any one of us. :)

And once again, I want to remind people that the ramp-up is much more important than the 200,000 delivery date.
Agreed, and they are going as fast as they possibly can on the ramp up. There is not a single thing we can do about it. I am just curious as how Tesla will be perceived if they chose to delay delivery to take advantage of the tax credit for the largest number of Model 3 buyers. I am not saying that they would do that as their stock will take a short term hit for it, and the crazy logistics of storing all those cars for 1 to 3 months. I, as a stock and reservation holder, think it would be a heroic move if they did it anyway.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where is option 5 @chojn1 ?

- Get back to making more awesome as heck DIY Tesla stuff! Infinity vote(s)

:DJk

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
tesla us sales.jpg

Total Tesla US sales thus far is 148639, not counting October sales. It is not unreasonable to hit the 200k mark by the end of the first quarter six months from now with any ramp-up of the model 3. In any case, the question is still valid, and even more so if that happens at the beginning of the second quarter.

Now, back to my shop.

Attachments

Rusty

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
It took over two months for mine to get updated. You should get a Dec-Feb estimate eventually...