WA edition of Invites, VINs & Deliveries

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

oey192

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my invite today and saw another WA reservation holder got an invite today as well. I didn’t see any others post about it so I’m halfway convinced they did a WA-only small batch of invites today. Not sure if it will be enough but at least it might help a few people…

I agree that it’s difficult to be convinced that it will end on May 31st. I’d certainly be glad if it ends on June 31st as it would give Tesla an extra month past when they have “promised” me delivery of my car. (I’ll squeak in under the wire with 4 days to spare if they get me my car in exactly 6 weeks)
The DOL and DOR seem to have dropped the ball on this one. Their websites have out of date and probably incorrect information (only 77 for Feb?) and they have supposedly informed dealerships of the impending expiration of the tax exemption but haven’t updated their own websites? C’mon people. Get your acts together!

UZJedi

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Also a WA resident and got my invite today. Configured immediately. Hopeful that I will take delivery before May 31st and that the results of this May/June controversy won't affect me, but it's definitely too close for comfort.

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What are your reservation details? What time?
Reserved online at the reveal, right as the cover was pulled off and before the site crashed. Non-owner.
We configured red/aero after crunching numbers as the plan had been to wait at least for standard interior and the metal roof.

wheelers

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Crossing our fingers to take delivery by the 31st of May for this very reason! We're most likely going to fly over to Seattle for delivery & drive home to save time! :D

Configured: 4/16
VIN: ?
Delivery date: ?

wheelers

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@wheelers we configured the same day! That drive to Spokane would be awesome in a new 3. What color did you go with?
Blue, aero wheels

Yeah at first we were seriously considering taking the free home delivery- but now we are pretty excited about the drive home! There are plenty of superchargers along the way!

c2c

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

oey192

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my VIN today. Less than 3 weeks from configuration to VIN. I’m surprised they didn’t send out more WA only invites in the past two weeks as it seems like they will complete all outstanding orders with a few weeks to spare …

I’m excited to get my car but sad for all the other Washingtonians that don’t look like they’re going to get a chance at the state tax exemption …

wheelers

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Got my VIN today. Less than 3 weeks from configuration to VIN. I’m surprised they didn’t send out more WA only invites in the past two weeks as it seems like they will complete all outstanding orders with a few weeks to spare …

I’m excited to get my car but sad for all the other Washingtonians that don’t look like they’re going to get a chance at the state tax exemption …
We configured the same day (although it may have been officially after midnight so 4/16)- hoping to take delivery before June 1st too! Only we have to book a flight to Seattle- crossing my fingers it's soon!

Invited 4/13
Configured 4/16
Vin ?

BellevueEd

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country

About 10 minutes after I provided my cell number, I did receive a text from Tesla regarding trading in my current car. Should have known, but they want several pictures, so that'll have to wait until morning. I have morning coffee at a S'bucks about 6 blocks from the Bellevue delivery center, and see a Tesla employee most mornings, asking her if she brought my car over. I agree that receiving the car prior to the end of May doesn't appear to be a problem. And, yes, the car will be a blast!

Bit disturbing having not received emails along the way.

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We configured the same day (although it may have been officially after midnight so 4/16)- hoping to take delivery before June 1st too! Only we have to book a flight to Seattle- crossing my fingers it's soon!

Invited 4/13
Configured 4/16
Vin ?
It just occurred to me you can light rail it to the Sodo delivery center—it’s a really short walk from the Stadium station.

oey192

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Invited 4/13
Configured 4/16
Vin ?
If they keep assigning
It just occurred to me you can light rail it to the Sodo delivery center—it’s a really short walk from the Stadium station.
Ooh that’s nice. Or at least it will be whenever they build the light rail out to where I live…
Tesla, even with all their delays, is actually faster than the local light rail projects ;)

In all seriousness that actually is nice. Since I’m trading in I won’t need to take advantage of it but it’s nice to know I have a relatively convenient way to get there and back in the event something doesn’t go smoothly with delivery or in the event I need to take the car in for service in the future