VW ID.4

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree but I'm not trying to make a fair comparison. I'm just giving you the pricing numbers that helped me make my final determination. My family's decision was between the Model Y and ID.4. In terms of what we need both are small SUVs which is what we want. We also wanted the blue color with a tow hitch.

For both vehicles the options are First Edition (ID.4) and the AWD Model Y. It's what we can purchase today. Sure, the Model Y is AWD whereas the ID.4 is RWD. The range is different; charging speed; etc. but at the end of the day they are both small SUVs. The price difference certainly should factor into anyone's buying decision and it did with mine. I really wanted the Model Y but could not justify it to my wife since this is her car and she likes the ID.4. If the price was closer I could likely have convinced her because of the AWD and range differences. I hope that helps explain my thinking.

I only brought up the SR to make it a fair comparison in case others were more focused on a dollar for dollar and feature to feature comparison. Personal (and more importantly, wife’s) choice always takes precedent.

Personally, MY next car will be a C8 vette even though another Tesla (or really ANY 4 door car) would be better for the family.

Taney71

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Your wife may be the first one in history who actually WANTS the "sales pitch".

Selling Glengarry Glen Ross GIF by Proposify
Lol. Yeah, I might be overselling her desire to hear me talk about cars.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.