Question Volume always decreases

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Whenever I increase volume to between 3-6 clicks below the max volume, the volume immediately decreases. It is incredibly frustrating because I am unable to listen at my preferred volume. At 0-2 clicks below max it is too loud. And where it resets to at around 6 clicks below max it is too quiet.

my best guess is that this has to do with auto volume that is dependent on speed. But it isn’t working correctly.

does anyone else have this issue? I would love to see this resolved

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're using Bluetooth, you can turn up the volume on the phone device. Annoying, I know, but it works.

This bug also led me to discover that you can't file bug reports from the car anymore...

sduck

Country
Country
What input are you using? How are you setting the volume level? I've never had this issue, so would be curious about details to see if it's reproducible.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve noticed it whenever using Bluetooth with my iPhone. I haven’t tested it with other inputs. I’ll try the suggestion of using the iPhone volume tomorrow. Appreciate the responses.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I note that every time I get in the car (presumably after a sleep, but haven't tested that requirement) the car cuts the volume back to around half. I generally listen to most music loud in the 75% or more range. I always have to turn it back up.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're using Bluetooth, you can turn up the volume on the phone device. Annoying, I know, but it works.

This bug also led me to discover that you can't file bug reports from the car anymore...
This was updated a few releases back so that when you adjust the volume in the car, it adjusts the volume from the phone. Unlock your phone and look at it while adjusting the volume in the car. For the iPhone you will see the volume indicator pop up and move as you adjust the car volume. So it should be one in the same regardless of which device you use to adjust with.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This was updated a few releases back so that when you adjust the volume in the car, it adjusts the volume from the phone. Unlock your phone and look at it while adjusting the volume in the car. For the iPhone you will see the volume indicator pop up and move as you adjust the car volume. So it should be one in the same regardless of which device you use to adjust with.
It should be! But it's not. That's why I was trying to report it as a bug.

The iPhone displays the playing song and volume right on the lock screen - so I tapped the iPhone screen to wake it up and watch the volume move up, and then slide back by itself. I manually moved the volume widget on the phone, and it stayed put.

I did not yet test for negative interaction with either the car's navigation or "sound check" on the iPhone.