Product Review VINYL KIT UPGRADE FOR TESLA MODEL 3 AERO WHEEL COVERS Installed

P&J

Installed the Vinyl kit on 3PO Red and the install went easily after watching the video. I disliked the very dark wheel on the Red as it was not a sporty look in our opinion. I bought a DipYourCar Silver kit as a way to brighten up the look, however this kit came out before I was able to try that.
The price point and install was not a stretch and being able to get the mileage increase was something I wanted to get back to.
The look is much brighter and gets a look that is more toward the larger Tesla wheel choices.
Passed the Spouse test and even a Millennial son and I like it.
Good to see options

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installed the Vinyl kit on 3PO Red and the install went easily after watching the video. I disliked the very dark wheel on the Red as it was not a sporty look in our opinion. I bought a DipYourCar Silver kit as a way to brighten up the look, however this kit came out before I was able to try that.
The price point and install was not a stretch and being able to get the mileage increase was something I wanted to get back to.
The look is much brighter and gets a look that is more toward the larger Tesla wheel choices.
Passed the Spouse test and even a Millennial son and I like it.
Good to see options
Cool review :)

Need pics!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is nice 👍,

How long does it take to do all 4 wheels ?

How is the quality and expected durability?

Will this last for years ?

P&J

Took about 2+ hours. Went quite quickly once I had the initial start point (as shown in the video at Evannex) Quality was very good, the cut and fit was exactly the same for each piece. I did blow one of the spares they send by getting the material too hot (you do need a hair dryer for the last bit of the application) and it curled and stuck to itself. Not a big deal since they supply spares.
expected durability--- made it out the driveway and passed several 65 mph runs at outside temp of 90-100 degrees F. I believe this is what folks are wrapping their cars with but am not sure.
If it fails it is only a $70 loss and re applying is not a big deal.. ( I don't expect that but I am not a testing facility :) )

Greg Appelt

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I installed a similar product, in white carbon fiber design. Looked awesome until I went to a carwash that was not brushless. It deeply embedded brake dust from prior vehicle washes into the carbon fiber texture - immediately took off the Aero's and bought the lug/hub kit for the oem rims.

P&J

You took your car to a car wash :eek::eek::eek: ;););).
The “you must baby this special work of art” police will show up at your home and confiscate your white possession.

:):):) Good to know that “scrubbers” are a problem.
I wonder if looking into ceramic coatings to help with longevity would be a good thing. Especially since I have a bit left from doing the whole car.

Greg Appelt

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You took your car to a car wash :eek::eek::eek:;););).
The “you must baby this special work of art” police will show up at your home and confiscate your white possession.
I actually Uber daily with my M3, and live in an apartment - so car washes and superchargers are daily events for me.

:):):) Good to know that “scrubbers” are a problem.
I wonder if looking into ceramic coatings to help with longevity would be a good thing. Especially since I have a bit left from doing the whole car.
I've thought about doing a PPF and/or CC, but the cost vs how long I plan on keeping this particular M3 doesn't make it worthwhile. This one is my gate-way to a M3P or even to a MX.