VIN questions: RC vs Production cars

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
VIN questions

I see nothing in the Tesla VIN decoder that distinguishes release candidates from production cars.
  • Are we sure that the RCs even have a VIN?
  • If they do, could production car VINs just start where the RC's left off? That is, maybe Musk's vehicle has a VIN ending in something like 000391.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
VIN questions

I see nothing in the Tesla VIN decoder that distinguishes release candidates from production cars.
  • If they do, could production car VINs just start where the RC's left off? That is, maybe Musk's vehicle has a VIN ending in something like 000391.
Hey, Garsh, not sure why you posted this here? o_O

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
VIN questions

the RC do have VINs - if you go back to some of the earlier photos you can see the vin plates, but there really isn't any pix were you can make out the digits. I was actually wondering if the RCs started at #300 and went up from there. that would make the VIN #000003 and #000007 VIN numbers recently photographed make sense for the first few production cars.

Model34mePlease

Country
Country