garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
VIN questions

I see nothing in the Tesla VIN decoder that distinguishes release candidates from production cars.
  • Are we sure that the RCs even have a VIN?
  • If they do, could production car VINs just start where the RC's left off? That is, maybe Musk's vehicle has a VIN ending in something like 000391.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
VIN questions

I see nothing in the Tesla VIN decoder that distinguishes release candidates from production cars.
  • If they do, could production car VINs just start where the RC's left off? That is, maybe Musk's vehicle has a VIN ending in something like 000391.
Hey, Garsh, not sure why you posted this here? o_O

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
VIN questions

the RC do have VINs - if you go back to some of the earlier photos you can see the vin plates, but there really isn't any pix were you can make out the digits. I was actually wondering if the RCs started at #300 and went up from there. that would make the VIN #000003 and #000007 VIN numbers recently photographed make sense for the first few production cars.

Model34mePlease

Country
Country