Video of Full Model 3 Supercharging Session

Thom Moore

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks much. That’s reassuring.

Must be the chargers vary a lot. I just tried my first supercharge in a Model 3, starting at 37%, SOC, and only got 61KW initially, and lower thereafter. Picked up 15kWh and moved along home. This was in Grasonville MD.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Thanks much. That’s reassuring.

Must be the chargers vary a lot. I just tried my first supercharge in a Model 3, starting at 37%, SOC, and only got 61KW initially, and lower thereafter. Picked up 15kWh and moved along home. This was in Grasonville MD.
Sounds like you shared a charger with a vehicle in another stall.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Nope. Been doing this over four years with a MS.
Weird. Do you still have the S? Any chance you could charge there in the same stall and see what rate you get?

Oh, and if you don't mind, care to share what the VIN on the 3 was, so we can help determine whether the difference in charge rates may be a batch issue?

Thom Moore

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Weird. Do you still have the S? Any chance you could charge there in the same stall and see what rate you get?

Oh, and if you don't mind, care to share what the VIN on the 3 was, so we can help determine whether the difference in charge rates may be a batch issue?
I will of course be trying the 3 at different SCs, and I may have a chance to charge the S in Grasonville, though I live near there and usually just drove by. This was the first outing in the 3, returning from an all day cruise around the upper Chesapeake.

The 3 VIN is 004040, which I believe gives the softer springs.