Venturing into a new experience (South Florida Meetup)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Would you attend a South Florida Meetup?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello Model 3 Owners Club forum members. This post is mostly directed at all South Florida Model 3 owners (any other Teslas are welcome as well, of course). I'm trying to see if there is some interest to do a meetup to talk about our cars, show them off, and educate people that have interest in learning more about Teslas and the Model 3.

To be a bit more specific, since I am in the South Florida, Fort Lauderdale vicinity (city of Sunrise), I think we can get a good-size group together from South Florida owners. It's a great excuse to drive our cars and have fun doing it in a different setting besides our close circle of family and friends.

If anyone here is interested, let me know, and I can ick off the planning. I would like it if there are at least 10 of you interested in bringing your cars. It can be a coffee and donuts or BYOF (bring your own food) event. It all really depends on how much interest there is and the venue (TBD).

Thank you all, I hope we can do this.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a feeling this is going to be an awesome meet. I know I said at least 10 cars, but if we keep going at this rate, we could have a lot more than that soon.

Great. Just great.

By the way, I’m planning a road trip before the end of the year to either Philadelphia or Los Angeles with my family. That’s going to be awesome and I’ll get to compare the experience with my old ICE cars that I used to do those trips before.

I’ll stay on topic moving forward...

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If there was a "maybe" or "possibly" I would check that.
I travel a lot on business. So if I am in town, its likely.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If there was a "maybe" or "possibly" I would check that.
I travel a lot on business. So if I am in town, its likely.
Thank you for that. That makes sense. I’m out right now, and not sure if I can actually edit the poll. If it is possible, I will edit it later when I am back home on the computer.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Let’s start shaping this soon. All interested, please leave a note with the following format:

Florida City : preferred day of the week

This will help on planning a date and possible venues.

Thank you,

Rafael

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds awesome, too bad I’m so far away but if there’s anything I can to help out ok this end like Twitter announcements let me know.

Maybe the guys at EV Annex (Matthew or Roger) would like to help out? I can ask Matt for you

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds awesome, too bad I’m so far away but if there’s anything I can to help out ok this end like Twitter announcements let me know.

Maybe the guys at EV Annex (Matthew or Roger) would like to help out? I can ask Matt for you
That sounds very good Trevor. Thank you for the help.

Regarding EV Annex, I have spent some time with them at their shop and they are always willing to spend a good deal of time answering questions as well as being open to learning from others as well.

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Count me in, finalizing my paperwork(online) for my new P3D Blue, White interior soon, should have her in a few weeks I am guessing. I live near where Sawgrass Expressway and turnpike meet (Coconut Creek), I work in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Nice talking to you over on Facebook. If the first one happens before your P3D comes, I can pick you up on the way.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys - best of luck with your meet up. Just a chime in here from TX. Dallas/Ft Worth area has a large official Tesla club, but our first Model 3 meet up, we kept it to just members of this forum and their guests, very informal, putting faces to names. I figured most of us were new to Tesla and were afraid of it also getting out of hand and too big if we opened it to anyone and everyone from other boards and the official Tesla group.

A couple of notes - we met at a Supercharger location. Most of us were new to Tesla and some had never used one or knew where they were located. It also happens to only be about a mile from our New Northern Service Center in Plano. @Quicksilver reached out to them and they invited us in as well. This gave us a chance to be familiar with the location and some information on procedures for service. They had a service advisor and a mechanic come in and chat with us about 30 minutes each. Very informative. They went over about signing up for a service appointment to road side assistance and flat repair/exhcange. If you choose a location close to a SC, you might reach out and see if they would be involved as well.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys - best of luck with your meet up. Just a chime in here from TX. Dallas/Ft Worth area has a large official Tesla club, but our first Model 3 meet up, we kept it to just members of this forum and their guests, very informal, putting faces to names. I figured most of us were new to Tesla and were afraid of it also getting out of hand and too big if we opened it to anyone and everyone from other boards and the official Tesla group.

A couple of notes - we met at a Supercharger location. Most of us were new to Tesla and some had never used one or knew where they were located. It also happens to only be about a mile from our New Northern Service Center in Plano. @Quicksilver reached out to them and they invited us in as well. This gave us a chance to be familiar with the location and some information on procedures for service. They had a service advisor and a mechanic come in and chat with us about 30 minutes each. Very informative. They went over about signing up for a service appointment to road side assistance and flat repair/exhcange. If you choose a location close to a SC, you might reach out and see if they would be involved as well.
This is great advice! We have a new urban supercharger location with 40 stalls and it’s all under cover (which is obviously nice for FL). It’s not near a service center but is associated with a sales showroom.