Vehicle automatically parked to prevent rollaway

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

eXntrc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I keep telling myself not to be so lazy, but damn this car makes it easy. One year into owning my 3 and I still find myself just hitting that door button without putting it into park. Why? Because there are no consequences! The vehicle just kindly parks itself and gives me a friendly reminder. God I love this car. And thankfully I still rent while traveling on business so I don't forget how to drive lesser vehicles!! 😁

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Be careful though, because in some areas it's technically illegal to get out while the car isn't in Park. If a really ambitious cop happens to be right near you when you do that, it could be a really uncomfortable encounter.

eXntrc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Heheh. Yeah, I guess if he knows what that sound means. But then I'd be so impressed that I don't even think it'd be uncomfortable. Plus, the vehicle gets itself to park much quicker than I'm able to get my butt outta the car.

slasher016

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Be careful though, because in some areas it's technically illegal to get out while the car isn't in Park. If a really ambitious cop happens to be right near you when you do that, it could be a really uncomfortable encounter.
Except there's no real discernible way for the cop to know, especially if you're in "hold."

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I keep telling myself not to be so lazy, but damn this car makes it easy. One year into owning my 3 and I still find myself just hitting that door button without putting it into park. Why? Because there are no consequences! The vehicle just kindly parks itself and gives me a friendly reminder. God I love this car. And thankfully I still rent while traveling on business so I don't forget how to drive lesser vehicles!! 😁
Alternately, I have had it where I successfully got out with the car still in drive, and it started to roll away back when I used creep (door still open, full weight off the seat). It's not a substitute for fully putting the car in park.