Vandalism - need moonroof replaced

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So... homeless guy throws one of those rental scooters on top of my moonroof (the front panel only is damaged I hope) and shatters it - unprovoked btw.

Guy was arrested within 2 minutes. My office has it all on video.

I waited 2 years and 2 days for the car and now this.

Sob story aside - anyone have experience with how long it will take the body shop to get the glass? I was warned I could be looking at 4 months...

Thanks for reading and if anyone has had any misfortune plz let me know so I know what to expect while I borrow a car for X many weeks/months.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Damn.

I haven't heard of anybody needing to replace the roof glass yet - you may be the first.

Vistan

Country
Country
My 3 delivery in late January was called off at the last minute because the pre-delivery detailers found that the roof glass was cracked. Tesla shipped a new piece of glass down to San Diego, installed it, and delivered the car less than a week later.

Vistan

He Chen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I have the same piece of glass on order. The tint layer has air bubbling on the front side. Hope it doesn't take long to order + install the new piece of glass.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, that really sucks. Glad they got the guy!

BTW, there's no need to upload images into the media section to link to them in posts. You can upload media straight into your post and save yourself the extra step. I'm going to disable uploading into media except for the moderators, I think some people are confused about its purpose.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
So... homeless guy throws one of those rental scooters on top of my moonroof (the front panel only is damaged I hope) and shatters it - unprovoked btw.

Guy was arrested within 2 minutes. My office has it all on video.

I waited 2 years and 2 days for the car and now this.

Sob story aside - anyone have experience with how long it will take the body shop to get the glass? I was warned I could be looking at 4 months...

Thanks for reading and if anyone has had any misfortune plz let me know so I know what to expect while I borrow a car for X many weeks/months.
I bet that will be replaced faster than it would take to get dent repair and paint. Plus, you won't have any body filler up there.

So, a homeless guy throws an electric scooter onto the roof of an electric car in anger, unprovoked.

Sounds like someone who shorted TSLA in a big way because they were sure it wasn't worth $30/share! Ooops! Lost his house, his car and his mind. Tesla shorts just hate Teslas and especially the Model 3 because demand is not falling off as they predicted. They simply can't understand why anyone would want an electric car. But I've never met a Tesla short who has actually driven a Model 3.