V9/V10 Feature: Sentry Mode

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Clarify - By sentry mode do you mean the car alarm?

Activating sentry causes it to start recording, and flash the headlights.
Physically disturbing the car causes the alarm to go off, with lights, horn and full volume music.

To turn off the alarm I believe you can use the 'unlock' button in the app.

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey everyone...

Since upgrading to Hardware 3, my dashcam will only work in Sentry mode. My USB stick is fairly new...but I got the warning that I needed to upgrade my USB to one that records at 4MB/sec (or something along those lines)...in order to record while driving. My USB records MUCH faster than that...so not sure what the issue is.

The moment I put the car into drive, the camera/Hal icon disappears from the screen. When I put in park...it comes back on.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I should format the card again?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the warning that I needed to upgrade my USB to one that records at 4MB/sec (or something along those lines)...in order to record while driving. My USB records MUCH faster than that...so not sure what the issue is.
The issue is that it can only record at those speeds for short bursts - not over an extended period of time.

I strongly suggest that you replace it with a MicroSD card made for dashcam usage & one of the recommended MicroSD USB readers. Or go even higher-end and get an SSD.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey everyone...

Since upgrading to Hardware 3, my dashcam will only work in Sentry mode. My USB stick is fairly new...but I got the warning that I needed to upgrade my USB to one that records at 4MB/sec (or something along those lines)...in order to record while driving. My USB records MUCH faster than that...so not sure what the issue is.

The moment I put the car into drive, the camera/Hal icon disappears from the screen. When I put in park...it comes back on.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I should format the card again?
This sounds like normal operation. The HAL icon/sentry mode is only on when parked and you have Sentry mode set. That icon does not stay on while driving. That recording is automatic an dhappens whether you have Sentry on or not.