V9/V10 Feature: Dog Mode

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Quadmax

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried dog mode for the first time this weekend and ran into a problem within minutes. I left the puppies in their car seat in the back seat of my Model 3 and went into a grocery store. Less than 10 minutes later a guy came in and walked through the store yelling, “Whoever has the red sedan with the dogs in it better answer or I’m going to bust the window!”

I yelled, “Hey!” And he came over to me. I told him the A/C was on and the puppies are fine. He said that there was some woman out there and he didn’t know and blah, blah. I told him that the screen in the car shows a message including the temperature in the car and that I’d be out in a minute. He walked away and I didn’t see him again.

I feel like I’d still need a sign in each of the back windows repeating the message and directing their attention to the screen... :-\

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried dog mode for the first time this weekend and ran into a problem within minutes. I left the puppies in their car seat in the back seat of my Model 3 and went into a grocery store. Less than 10 minutes later a guy came in and walked through the store yelling, “Whoever has the red sedan with the dogs in it better answer or I’m going to bust the window!”

I yelled, “Hey!” And he came over to me. I told him the A/C was on and the puppies are fine. He said that there was some woman out there and he didn’t know and blah, blah. I told him that the screen in the car shows a message including the temperature in the car and that I’d be out in a minute. He walked away and I didn’t see him again.

I feel like I’d still need a sign in each of the back windows repeating the message and directing their attention to the screen... :-\
glad that he came into the store before actually breaking a window!
I ordered a couple of these as extra notice to those walking by

Adapted from the design Bonnie Norman posted on twitter a while back, if you would like to order similar

runes159

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does anyone know the difference between the Dog and Maintain Climate control setting to keep the interior temp constant.

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the alarm system is different too. You wouldn’t want a 90 lb pup moving around in the backseat and setting off the car alarm, and then getting scared and soiling the seats lol.

Madmolecule

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Currently there are only the subtle differences mentioned. Dog mode is beta or demo now with many expected enhancements to come. I have hopes for audio/video playlist for the pups. How about Dog karaoke or a pup friendly arcade game. I even want a Tesla Dogmode slacker channel and two-way audio/video communication from the app. Keep looking for the bluetooth pet treat dispenser on eBay that is Tesla app compatible. I am concerned if they make it too good people will be using it for daycare and not Dog mode.

Unrelated Amazon find

Webcam coverfor Tesla Model 3

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Currently there are only the subtle differences mentioned. Dog mode is beta or demo now with many expected enhancements to come. I have hopes for audio/video playlist for the pups. How about Dog karaoke or a pup friendly arcade game. I even want a Tesla Dogmode slacker channel and two-way audio/video communication from the app. Keep looking for the bluetooth pet treat dispenser on eBay that is Tesla app compatible. I am concerned if they make it too good people will be using it for daycare and not Dog mode.

Unrelated Amazon find

there was a recent patent filed that hinted at some of the benefits of the cabin camera, and it for sure would be worth keeping it exposed and functioning.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/cabin-camera.7399/#post-244183

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Unrelated Amazon find

Plus Pet Petter. [Hit Refresh if it doesn't display on the first try]

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I informed the Ottawa 911 service about Dog Mode and they will now train their operators to ask if a car with a dog left inside is a Tesla. This may reduce unnecessary police trips and broken windows. Consider doing it in your community. Don’t call 911, call the non-emergency number.