V9/V10 Feature: Dog Mode

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Emerald AP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How long before dog mode is used with kids (e.g., snoozing infant) in a car, in states where itโ€™s not illegal to do so of course?

Emerald AP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also suppose you canโ€™t have sentry mode and dog mode active at the same time given that the screen can be used to show just one message...

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
and a rowdy dog can move enough to trigger the motion sensor part of the Sentry alarm
That's right. And most car alarm systems with interior motion sensors have a mode for this which disables it for leaving a pet (or person) inside. Except that's usually activated by two presses of the fob and so maybe people inadvertently activate it when they press twice to lock their car.

MelindaV

โ˜ฐ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's right. And most car alarm systems with interior motion sensors have a mode for this which disables it for leaving a pet (or person) inside. Except that's usually activated by two presses of the fob and so maybe people inadvertently activate it when they press twice to lock their car.
Some great initial trial run throughs by teslaraj posted over in the 2019.5.1 thread.
You can run both Sentry and Dog mode at the same time, but Sentry will take over the screen then when it times out, turns the screen off instead of returning to the Dog Mode screen.
Sentry mode also will not react to movement of the car, but vision picked up by the front and repeater cameras or a banging type of impact.

MelindaV

โ˜ฐ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been intending to make up a "dog is ok" sign for a while and hadn't yet got to it, until reminded when Bonnie Norman posted this on Twitter yesterday

So using her template as a starting point, made some "dog mode" modifications and came up with these two. Ordered the larger formatted for the inside of the glass, the square formatted for the outside of the glass. Since I currently haven't had my windows tinted - but plan to sometime before summer, wasn't sure how well it would read thru the tint so have the smaller exterior mount ones as a backup.
Also added the bite warning for anyone that things a demure looking old chihuahua needs saving.
screen-shot-2019-02-17-at-9-51-42-am-png.22118

screen-shot-2019-02-17-at-9-52-24-am-png.22117

MelindaV

โ˜ฐ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for those with the 2019.5.x install already, has the Dog Mode screen font been updated from the initial demo from Tesla?

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Used dog mode yesterday, but with my 16 year old son in the car while I ran into a store for something. Yeah, I could have just left the heating system running with the earlier functionality, but he got a kick out of dog mode since he hadn't seen it. If I know him, I bet he snapchatted the screen to his friends for a laugh. He said it kept him nice and warm while he was waiting. :)